News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP phone can no longer make calls through OBI GV

Started by TSObi2, May 18, 2018, 04:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSObi2

I have a SIP phone that was happily making calls via my Obi 202 and it suddenly stopped working.  For years it worked fine and just last week it stopped working.  My SIP phone (Linksys SPA942) never changed configuration and I still get incoming calls via the OBI device, I just can't make calls.  The SIP phone gives me a network error (the SPA942 doesn't have great error messages) but when I enable debug logging on the OBI device there is never an entry, so it appears the request is never coming in.  I have my SP2 routed to make calls via SP1 (GV) and I'm trying to connect from my SIP phone to SP2 on the OBI device.

Has anyone had the same issue?

azrobert

The X_Proxy feature of the OBi200 has been broken for awhile and the SIP phone won't register to the OBi200. The last firmware to work was build 5757. You need build 5859 for the new SIP GV, so you can't go back to 5757.

You can fix this problem if your IP phone can call without registration. Just disable the X_Proxy function.

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_Proxy: unchecked  

Edit:

You can't route inbound calls to local_client
You must route the call to the IP address and port of the IP phone like this:
ph,sp2(1001@192.168.1.100:5060)

TSObi2

Prior to this latest update I had no password defined, and it appears that was an issue (my phone reported unauthorized).  I never had the proxy setting set as my SIP phone can call without registration and was always configured that way.  After tinkering around with adding a password (and resolving the unauthorized message from my SIP phone) I now get the error message "Invalid Number" on my SIP phone when dialing a 10 digit US number.  My dial plan on both sides is xx.

Any ideas?

azrobert

Please post the SP2 X_InboundCallRoute.

You can try changing it to: sp1

I don't recommend this as a permanent setting, just to see if it works.

TSObi2

Current is: {tom>(xxxxxxxxx):pp},{tom>(xx.):sp}
Also tried: {tom>(Msp1):SP1}

just "sp1" didn't work either - same error on the SIP phone (Invalid Number)

azrobert

Look at the OBi200 Call History.
Do you see an entry when the inbound route was set to just "sp1" ?

If you don't see an entry, the call isn't getting to the OBi200.

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser and hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column then click Call History.

TSObi2

Here is what the log says:
05/21/2018    22:55:39   
22:55:39   From 'tom' SP2(tom)   To SP1([number removed])
22:55:40      Call Ended (488 Not Acceptable Here)

TSObi2

That thread helped.  Thank you very much!

Apparently the new firmware update really changed SIP phone compatibility settings, but I finally got it working.  It seems some new settings were added into the firmware update and values of some existing ones were changed.  It took a bunch of tinkering to even get the call into the Obi's call history and get the 488 error.  In any event, in my instance, I never had the proxy or registration enabled so those settings didn't matter.  Just in case it'll help anyone else, I had to do the following to my configuration for SP2 (where I accept incoming SIP connections to forward to my GV on SP1):

• Uncheck X_RegisterEnable
  • Uncheck X_EnforceRequestUserID
  • Add a password in AuthPassword

Then on my SIP phone I had to:

• Force use of G711u (on a Linksys/Cisco SPA you need to select it as preferred and then set the "Use preferred codec only" setting)
  • Configure the password set in AuthPassword for my Obi SP2 settings referenced above

I was able to set my inbound call route back to what I had and it works now just as it had before.  Also, it seems the inbound default SIP port for SP2 was changed by the firmware from 5061 to 5081.  Not a big deal - easy to change on the SIP phone or on the Obi.