News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

International calls not working 202 + GV

Started by Dan_Forum, May 18, 2018, 12:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Forum

I have a regular weekly call that needs to be made internationally and yesterday it just failed.
WE COULD NOT COMPLETE YOUR CALL. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.
Same thing today when trying it again.
All local calls work just fine and calling in works fine as well. But it seems as if anything that needs to access the credits on the google voice account just fails with that same message.

I have attempted all the solutions I have seen on this forum and others now and am at a loss.
If I had to take a guess, it's probably a certificate error or handshake error somewhere when services that require credit are accessed.

SteveInWA

prefix your dial string with 011

For example:  to call India, key in 011 91 <Indian telephone number>

Dan_Forum

Interesting, seems to work now, however it's giving a
>This call is being routed by google
Before it connects.
Whereas before it did not.
Up until approximately 4 days ago it worked fine with 00+Country Code and there was no further prompt.

Will see how the quality is impacted, however this seems to be the same solution one would use if they were using a regular phone to dial in to a google voice number and then use that to dial out.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Dan_Forum on May 18, 2018, 03:56:58 PM
Interesting, seems to work now, however it's giving a
>This call is being routed by google
Before it connects.
Whereas before it did not.
Up until approximately 4 days ago it worked fine with 00+Country Code and there was no further prompt.

Will see how the quality is impacted, however this seems to be the same solution one would use if they were using a regular phone to dial in to a google voice number and then use that to dial out.

That's correct; it is working as designed.  Google has done a complete overhaul of it's telephony infrastructure.  OBiTALK devices now operate the same as calling to/from a standard US telephone number.