News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

silencing first ring means no CID with FSK (Bell202)?

Started by Webslinger, December 19, 2018, 11:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webslinger

My understanding is that CID is transmitted before the first ring. If I change the ring pattern to 60;2(0+2);58(2+4) so that there's two seconds of initial silence, it appears to be impossible for CID to be transmitted to handsets. Is there any way around this?

The purpose is to block the first simultaneous ring before Nomorobo answers the call. I've tried changing CID trigger, but, as I expected, that didn't help.

drgeoff

Quote from: Webslinger on December 19, 2018, 11:05:50 AM
My understanding is that CID is transmitted before the first ring.
Depends where in the world you are.

The norm in N.America is between first and second ring.  Before first ring is common in places such as the UK and some countries in Europe.

Webslinger

Quote from: drgeoff on December 19, 2018, 11:09:03 AM
Quote from: Webslinger on December 19, 2018, 11:05:50 AM
My understanding is that CID is transmitted before the first ring.
Depends where in the world you are.

The norm in N.America is between first and second ring.  Before first ring is common in places such as the UK and some countries in Europe.

Yes, I was reading information for FSK (V.23) and messed up what I wrote. Thank you for the correction.

The usage is for FSK (Bell202) in U.S./Canada with OBi200 series ATAs. If I change the ring pattern to 60;2(0+2);58(2+4) so that there's two seconds of initial silence, it appears to be impossible for CID to be transmitted to handsets. Is there any way to silence the first simultaneous ring before Nomorobo picks up the call and also get CID passed to handsets without relying on any form of delayed call routing/ring group feature from a service provider? In other words, is there any way to both silence the first ring and also pass CID to attached handsets just by using the ATA alone?

drgeoff

Have you tried the combination of "Before first ring" and Bell202?  Phone might accept it.

Webslinger

Quote from: drgeoff on December 19, 2018, 12:45:59 PM
Have you tried the combination of "Before first ring" and Bell202? 

Yes, unfortunately that doesn't appear to work for North American Panasonic DECTs.