News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Don't see 'Configure Service Provider Accounts' option

Started by yashoo, August 24, 2011, 07:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yashoo

This is my first post for my first Obitalk device (obi100) that I got just today. I think my Obi100 got added using 'Add an Obi Device' portal becuase I see it on the dashboard under 'My Obi Endpoints' (Obi # 290 435 713). But I can't get (or see) the 'Configure Service Provider Accounts,' to start setting up GV. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

RonR

Look at the OBiTALK number listed on the bottom of your OBi100.  Isn't it 300 xxx xxx?

If all else fails, simply log into the OBi at the IP address given when you dial ***1 and configure your Google Voice account manually.  It's only a couple of settings (all the rest are at Default):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

yashoo

Yes, the the Obi100 # is 300 488 506. But why does the "My Obi Endpoints' in Dashboard shows me that Obi No is 290 435 173? Is there way to delete the device and start over?

The ***1 prompt tells me that "Your IP address is not available; your DHCP is enabled". So can't log into using the IP either.

RonR

290 xxx xxx is an OBiON App OBiTALK number and cannot be deleted.

If your OBi doesn't have an IP address available, it's not communicating with your LAN and your router.  You must correct this problem before you'll be able to do anything else.

Once the OBi has an IP address, confirm proper operation by dialing **9 222 222 222.

yashoo

Since I am a genius, I never plugged in the ethernet cable (doh).....

All is hunky-dory now. Thanks much for quick support!