News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Started by bill-cary, May 20, 2018, 10:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill-cary

well access apparently doesn't matter cause I still cant configure a GV #.
I have simonics GV# configured as SP1 and tried configuring another GV # as SP2.
got the same error - listed next to SP1 - OFFLINE.
Simonics still works on SP1.
any info from Polycom from ppl who have warranties?

ahjoe

bill-cary

OK - It would be good if Polycom would inform ppl when the site was broken so I did not waste MANY hours trying to figure out why............like all weekend

Everything is again functional.
All GV numbers have been configure.
All work.

Thank for everyone's input.

drgeoff

Quote from: bill-cary on May 21, 2018, 11:45:05 AM
OK - It would be good if Polycom would inform ppl when the site was broken so I did not waste MANY hours trying to figure out why............like all weekend
Obihai do not work weekends.

Once you are configured your calls (other than over the Obitalk network) do not use any Obihai servers.

BBRENDY13

***UPDATE***

I put a ticket in for this issue yesterday. No response at all from tech support (not even sure how to track the ticket). However, when I got home from work today everything was working. I also noticed that the firmware was updated to 5859EX, which is certainly wasn't yesterday (see my previous reply). I bet that there was something wrong with that firmware version which was preventing the OBI200 from actually updating/configuring GV. Guess we'll never know (unless someone else gets confirmation). What's funny is that I ran the update firmware check (**6) and it said there was no available updates for my device. Go figure...

RFC3261

Quote from: BBRENDY13 on May 21, 2018, 02:25:36 PM
Go figure...
As has been discussed in other topic areas, this weekend Obihai's configuration/provisioning service(s) experienced various failures.  And from all reports, they were resolved during normal (to them) business hours(*).

(*) While I would not be surprised if there is an escalation path for (very high contractual value) corporate customers, individuals would not typically count as high value.

KVChmiel

Quote from: drgeoff on May 21, 2018, 12:02:05 PM
Quote from: bill-cary on May 21, 2018, 11:45:05 AM
Obihai do not work weekends.

Once you are configured your calls (other than over the Obitalk network) do not use any Obihai servers.

I wonder if there will be weekend and after-hours support once the Polycom merger is complete. 

booters

Got home tonight and all is well. 

Thanks guys.

george1200

I had the problem of Google Voice in SP1 showing for 3 or 4 days continuously and SP2, SP3, SP4 not showing "Registered". But I was able to use the SP2 for calling, OBI to OBI calls could not be made.

I tried by rebooting the OBI Device and Router, but still google voice was showing as "Offine". But then I noticed that the Lan cable was not fully plugged in the router. When I pushed it fully inside Google Voice in SP1  changed to "Connected"and all other SP2, SP3, SP4 changed to Registered. After that I could make calls to other OBI devices and all other SP ports could be used to make calls.

If anybody have the same problem check first that all connections are properly done before trying to hard reset the OBI device or the router.