News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to factory reset new OBi 200

Started by dircom, May 20, 2018, 02:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dircom

I added a new 200 to my dashboard, and then proceeded to configure it for GV.  I could not get signed in to my friends google acct to set it up, so the power light alternated between solid green and flashing red for a day or so.

After getting the password, and logged into the Google acct, it was taking a long time to configure, so
I deleted the new 200 from the dashboard and tried to reset it.

The power light is still alternating between flashing red and solid green
No dial tone to try and reset that way.

ideas?

SteveInWA

Hi:

I gather from your post, that this is a new, not previously used device?  If so, then the first time it attached to the portal, it probably started downloading the new firmware, and something may have interrupted it.

See:  https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/troubleshooting

dircom

Thanks Steve, Yes brand new (sitting on shelf for a couple of years)

I was able to ping the obi and upload firmware which I got here
https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-do-I-automate-upgrades

after updating the firmware reports 3.1.1 5463 the first two lights are solid green now

what is the url for 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)

SteveInWA

Phew, you fixed it. 

Now, don't try to update the firmware manually.  If you previously added the device to your OBiTALK dashboard, then delete it (click the trash can to the right).  Pick up the phone and key in ***8 then 1 and let it restore to factory defaults.  Then, add it back to the dashboard.  It should update the firmware automatically.  Don't unplug or otherwise mess with it during the update, or you'll end up with the Christmas blinking again.

dircom

so far so good, but when you dial **5 8321 it wants you to add GV or another SP
.... if I try and add the GV #, it spins on configuring

I deleted SP1, the obi shows on the dashboard, but it's not connected

SteveInWA

No.  I wanted you to only add the device to the dashboard, NOT to try to configure Google Voice, until after the firmware updates itself.

Anticipating your next question, the firmware needs to be 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)

dircom

sorry, been a long day
I did miss the check next to "I want to configure Google Voice on this device."
unchecked that and added the device

Congratulations, we have matched your device. Please verify the following information and click Confirm to add this device.

Shows not connected in dashboard
and no I am not going to ask what the lastest firmware version is, I have many devices that are on the latest :)
btw echo test works fine

SteveInWA

Well, check the firmware version on it now, after it has been sitting idle after being added to the dashboard.  Did it update?  If not, let it sit until tomorrow and check again.  Often, things go haywire in OBiTALK-land on weekends.

SteveInWA

And, be sure you are understanding the status messages.

If the device can't connect to the portal, it will have a bold red "Offline" status.  A "not connected" status only applies to the specific Service Provider that you configured, and it simply means THAT SP is unable to connect to the service you set up.

At this point, you should not see "Offline".  Delete the SP that shows "not connected".  Wait until it updates the firmware.

You should be able to confirm that the unit is actually working and connected to OBiTALK by dialing **9 222 222 222 to hear the OBiTALK echo test.

dircom

After loading firmware, the problem became a OBi weekend server issue and updated a day or so after the weekend

Thanks Steve

dircom

On another note a have a 202 I use at a vacation house, so it's packed away for most of the year.
I connected it a few days ago to get the newest firmware and after 4 or 5 days it still hasn't updated .
what do you think's going on with that?  I don't have GV configured on it just 4 other SP's

It's got 3.1.1 5463EX

SteveInWA

Quote from: dircom on May 24, 2018, 05:59:04 AM
On another note a have a 202 I use at a vacation house, so it's packed away for most of the year.
I connected it a few days ago to get the newest firmware and after 4 or 5 days it still hasn't updated .
what do you think's going on with that?  I don't have GV configured on it just 4 other SP's

It's got 3.1.1 5463EX

It should eventually be upgraded automatically.  I had a expired-support 202 at a friend's house that was in a box for perhaps a month, while he was moving.  Upon plugging it in, it got updated with no user intervention.  It only has Callcentric on it, so it doesn't need to have a GV account provisioned to trigger the update.