News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 Firmware Update Checksum Error

Started by ldybala, May 20, 2018, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldybala

I downloaded the new firmware update and did the manual install. Every time I try the update, I get a checksum error. I downloaded the file provided by Obihai and by members of the forum. All apparently have a checksum error, and I cannot get anything to work. Obi was disabled about 2 weeks ago, and I just now am trying to fix. I even did a restore to defaults for the device, but cannot get any of the firmware files to update without a checksum error.

drgeoff

Do NOT attempt to perform a manual firmware update.  Obihai is automatically pushing the latest firmware (which is not available for download) to OBi2xx devices.

RFC3261

Quote from: ldybala on May 20, 2018, 04:47:46 PM
I downloaded the file provided by Obihai and by members of the forum. All apparently have a checksum error, and I cannot get anything to work.
Obihai (after some issues with alternative implementations) is apparently tightening down their firmware validation and update processes.  Trying to install some variants of some firmware is going to not work now, and moving forward (with the usual exceptions that prove the rules for the average consumer).  Since Obihai is pushing the latest (and greatest?) firmware to all supported device types, let the device update on its own (in some cases, if the device is strangely wedged, you will need to follow the instructions provided elsewhere about removing the device from the portal, and doing a factory reset on the device, and then adding the device back to the portal. and configuring it, in order to help the device move forward).