News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 1062 Setup Issues

Started by KVChmiel, May 21, 2018, 06:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KVChmiel

Hi all.  I am rather new to all this, thus the question.
I recently purchased the OBI IP Phone model 1062.  I set up a GV account, and logged into OBiTalk using those credentials.  However, when attempting the **5 setup, I get a message stating there is no call route available to complete the call.  
I can get the **9 echo test to work just fine.  
I have made sure that the ports are set up properly in my router.
Also, my phone is displaying a red triangle icon with an exclamation point in it that the manual says is a phone not provisioned properly indication.  This is right out of the box, and after a couple factory resets.
Tried something else.  I was able to log into OBiTalk and use the softphone to call my 1062 desk phone.  That call came through and worked properly.  When trying the reverse, I got the following, "Call Failed: 404 Not found"
I am not dure if I am going in a good or bad direction here.
Any and all assistance would be a great help.  Thanks.

Help!

I am having the same issue as well... following:

drgeoff

Quote from: Help! on May 21, 2018, 08:19:32 AM
I am having the same issue as well... following:
Try following one of the other threads.

KVChmiel

Which thread would you recommend?  I searched and haven't seen any other issues where an echo test would work, but the initial registration would not.  All the other threads I found had the device added but issues with a service provider.   I am not able to even get to that point. 

azrobert

I couldn't sign into OBiTalk or the forum, but it's fixed now. Maybe they shut everything down to fix a problem, so try again.

KVChmiel

Was worth a try.  Attempted again, with the same result.  I have also attempted to ping the IP address listed in the phone management page, and that is still timing out as well. 

KVChmiel

Alright, so I waited a bit longer, performed another factory reset and waited a bit more.  The "OBi has not been properly provisioned" indicator went away.  So I tried the registration again.  This time the call went through and my GV configuration is currently running.  I understand this could take some time, so I will update when that completes.

KVChmiel

It all works!  Turns out the waiting game paid off.  Not sure what was going on with the OBi Servers or other support platforms, but now that they are back up, I am too. 
I was able to get GV to configure properly and make and receive phone calls. 
I was also able to get an Avaya setup to correctly port to this phone.  Good deal!

Pestman

Some sort of google update killed everything over the weekend.

I still have a 504vs that doesn't ring, - every other obi product I have seems to be working

Pestman

Ok, sop on the subject of 1062's I have set up my first two in last couple of days.

In preferences I set screen to turn off after 90 seconds.

Cool.

But now I need a passcode to unlock the phone.   Wait.... What???  I though I had this turned off.  So I didn't bother to write anything down.

Anyone know the default screensaver password or is willing to look it up for me in preferences?  My other device is not in my physical location   ....   Hoping I don't have to factory reset this thing   :-\

SteveInWA

Quote from: Pestman on May 21, 2018, 09:20:11 PM
Ok, sop on the subject of 1062's I have set up my first two in last couple of days.

In preferences I set screen to turn off after 90 seconds.

Cool.

But now I need a passcode to unlock the phone.   Wait.... What???  I though I had this turned off.  So I didn't bother to write anything down.

Anyone know the default screensaver password or is willing to look it up for me in preferences?  My other device is not in my physical location   ....   Hoping I don't have to factory reset this thing   :-\

Wow, I think you are the first person here to ever mention this!

Did you add the phone to your OBiTALK dashboard?  If so you should be able to turn off the screensaver remotely.

Click the impacted 1062.  Get into Expert configuration mode.  Go to User Settings-->User preferences.  Look at the list of parameters on the right side.  You can edit the settings to enter a passcode, and you can turn the screensaver feature off or on. 

See my screenshot below.

Stanford

I'm having this same problem...  How did you resolve it?  You kept re-running the factory reset?

Pestman

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 21, 2018, 10:43:03 PM

Did you add the phone to your OBiTALK dashboard?  If so you should be able to turn off the screensaver remotely.

Click the impacted 1062.  Get into Expert configuration mode.  Go to User Settings-->User preferences.  Look at the list of parameters on the right side.  You can edit the settings to enter a passcode, and you can turn the screensaver feature off or on. 

See my screenshot below.

Great!!  Thank you!  It turns out the default is 123456 (I think I tried up to 12345).   Anyways, its all set now.  Thanks for your help[

SteveInWA

Quote from: Pestman on May 22, 2018, 09:46:53 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on May 21, 2018, 10:43:03 PM

See my screenshot below.

Great!!  Thank you!  It turns out the default is 123456 (I think I tried up to 12345).   Anyways, its all set now.  Thanks for your help[

Great!  I'm glad that worked.  That default is as secure as using "password" as the password.   ::)