News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Check Tel Line

Started by Help1234, May 25, 2018, 11:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Help1234

Having bad experience with Obi202.  Working fine for about a month.  Now I am getting "Check Tel Line" on cordless phone.  My Ooma business phone works fine.  Obi202 solid green lines on 4 lights.  Plugged obi directly into modem (was plugged into Ooma).  Still nothing.  Turned of Obi and phone.  I have been out since May 11th and still no solution from Obi.  Bought it in late March.  Should I just return to Amazon?

drgeoff

Quote from: Help1234 on May 25, 2018, 11:31:19 AM
Having bad experience with Obi202.  Working fine for about a month.  Now I am getting "Check Tel Line" on cordless phone.  My Ooma business phone works fine.  Obi202 solid green lines on 4 lights.  Plugged obi directly into modem (was plugged into Ooma).  Still nothing.  Turned of Obi and phone.  I have been out since May 11th and still no solution from Obi.  Bought it in late March.  Should I just return to Amazon?
The "Check Tel Line" is the phone saying that the base station is not sensing enough voltage (possibly none at all) on its input socket.  Most common cause is a broken phone cord or not plugged in properly at both ends.  No amount of misconfiguration of the OBi or problem on the ethernet side can cause that message.

Plug the same phone and same cord into your powered-up Ooma.  If you do not get that message, but you do when plugged in to the powered up OBi, then the OBi has a hardware fault which is not user repairable.