News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 Connected to Wireless Access Point?

Started by toofazt, May 25, 2018, 04:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toofazt

My OBi200 has been working fine with Google Voice for the past 2.5 years. I lost connection as others have this past two weeks. I had the OBi200 connected through a second Netgear R6300v2 router I use as a wireless access point upstairs. I moved the OBi200 and phone down stairs and connected to the main R6300v2 router and I was able to connect as expected to Google Voice.

I would prefer to keep my setup connected to the wireless AP router as before but not sure if that's possible anymore or what settings to change so it will continue to work? When connected to the AP I can't even make an echo test call. Any ideas?

Chicago_Dave

TIL how popular this setup is. I have exactly the same setup as you and had the same issue which I finally worked out in another thread. Currently I just unchecked the wireless AP mode checkbox and plugged the cable that used to be in WAN into one of the LAN ports.  It's working for me for my obi and I still retain the AP functionality.
I suspect that if we want to keep using the AP mode we need to first make some more tweaks but I haven't figured that out yet.

drgeoff

Quote from: Chicago_Dave on May 25, 2018, 04:51:43 PM
TIL how popular this setup is. I have exactly the same setup as you and had the same issue which I finally worked out in another thread. Currently I just unchecked the wireless AP mode checkbox and plugged the cable that used to be in WAN into one of the LAN ports.  It's working for me for my obi and I still retain the AP functionality.
I suspect that if we want to keep using the AP mode we need to first make some more tweaks but I haven't figured that out yet.
Don't omit to switch off the DHCP server on the second router.

toofazt

Quote from: Chicago_Dave on May 25, 2018, 04:51:43 PM
Well let me know if you figure out what settings to change so we can use it with a wireless access point again.  :)