News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Register Failed: 403 Forbidden

Started by waterweasel4, May 30, 2018, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterweasel4

Getting an error when re-registering voip.ms "Register Failed: 403 Forbidden".  I can confirm the username (the 5 digit number) and the password for voip.ms are correct.  I've contacted support numerous times and they said delete SP1 and try again.  I've done this 8 times in the past day and no luck.

The service provider proxy host and port are correct and match that in voip.ms.  

I'm out of ideas and would very much like my phone to work again.  I even went as far as upgrading from the OBI1xx to the OBI200 and same issue persists.

When I dial my cell phone from the phone connected to the box, I get the "The number you dialed was rejected by the service provider, error code 403".

Taoman

Quote from: waterweasel4 on May 30, 2018, 04:26:55 PM
I can confirm the username (the 5 digit number) and the password for voip.ms are correct.

My username is 6 digits in length. But that's for the main account. VoIP.ms advises against registering to the main account and recommends using subaccounts which means your username would/should be longer. Not saying registering to main account won't work just that it's not best practice. I would at least try registering to a subaccount.

Try using a different port number. VoIP.ms supports 5060, 5080, and 42872. You could also try using TCP for the ProxyServerTransport.

vanhalen26

I'm having the same issue with my obi100 and voip.ms

My last successful call was June 9. 

It (the DID) still works with Groundwire on my iPhone.

vanhalen26

Very strange but I figured it out.  Somehow the password on my sub account was either deleted or changed, not sure if it was on the obi side and deleted from my obi100 or on the voip.ms side.  I think it was on the voip.ms side, as when I tried to update the password it said my current one was wrong so I did a reset.  After choosing a new password everything works again.  I checked my call record and it doesn't look like my account was used maliciously so I don't think it was a hack.