News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup multiple Obi200 units to GV

Started by basecamp, May 30, 2018, 05:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basecamp

I replaced 2 Obi110 units that had been working fine with GV for 6 years with 2 Obi200 units. These are located in 2 locations. They were both setup to ring at the phone attached to the Obi unit AND my cellphone. The 1st upgrade went perfectly. The 2nd upgrade looked like it went well.

BUT inbound calls only ring the cellphone, not the local Obi200 attached phone. Obi dashboard show both Obi200 units with GREEN online ok and GV setup. On further troubleshooting, I noticed GV has my cellphone and the 1st Obi200 unit set as forwarded phones, but not the 2nd Obi200. 

GV log showed calls coming in and being forwarded to the cellphone and the 1st Obi200 unit only. Tried deleting and re-installing the 2nd Obi200 twice, same problem. It seems Obi200 GV installation process is not setting up the 2nd Obi200 as a phone.

Tried emailing Ibi support for help a few of days ago, no response. I tried GV manual add option but it wants to regular phone number.  Any idea how I can add the 2nd Obi200 to GV manually?

Thank-you much

SteveInWA

Hi:

Are you trying to add two different OBi 200s to the same Google Voice account configuration?  That should work fine; you can have as many devices as you wish on one account.

If you followed the instructions correctly, then both OBis should be configured identically.

Go to the old, "Legacy" Google Voice settings page.  You should see two entries that start with SIP:Bxxxxxxxxx and both should have a check mark to the left.