News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Having trouble using OBI212 to make outgoing landline POTS calls

Started by ChrisJ, May 30, 2018, 09:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisJ

Hi,

I just replaced my OBI110 with a new OBI212.
Outgoing calls work fine using google voice.
Incoming calls to the google voice telephone number and landline telephone number work fine.

I have not been able to make an outgoing landline POTS call.

If I press ##, I get a new dial tone, but it does not seem to respond to subsequent telephone number digits.  The dial tone returns after pressing each digit, like they are being ignored.  Eventually it reverts back to the Obihai dial tone.

If I press **70, I get a fast busy as soon as I press the 7.

I do not have anything connected to the LAN port.

I do not have callerid on my landline.

Thank you for any suggestions on how to fix this.

Chris

ChrisJ

Milos

Hi,

I setup BT1 as my primary line on OBI212 AA, and I want to use POTS with AA by dialing **70, but I get the prompt that the number is not valid. Also, when I try to dial **70 using the phone attached to OBI212, I get the busy signal as soon as I press the 7. I tried the solution that webraider suggested, but it did not work for me.

I can use POTS as the primary line and I can dial **81 to use BT1, but I would really like to use BT1 as the primary line.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Milos

Milos

I just found out that I can now dial **70 from the phone attached to OBI212. Maybe it took a while for the change I made to OBI212 setup to propagate. But I still cannot dial **70 through AA, which is my goal.

Milos

I found what the issue was. Something was wrong with the AA DigitMap. I copied the default DigitMap and now everything works!