News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Intermittent incoming calls missed.

Started by gregsmy, May 31, 2018, 08:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsmy

I have a OBi200 setup with GV that I have been using for just about a year. I have the OBi200 attached to a cordless phone that has a typical answering machine built in it. I like using the answering machine as it is easier to see if someone has called and I can hear someone leaving me a message if its not a number I recognize. If it is someone I need to talk to, I can just pickup the phone (mid-message) and answer it.  For the most part it is trouble free. But occasionally I have a situation where it seems to stop working and doesn't receive incoming calls or let outgoing calls go thru. I notice this in a couple of ways. 1) Try to dial a call out and it just doesn't work. 2) Get an email from GV with the voicemail from someone who tried calling the number, but it didnt go thru so the GV voicemail takes a message.

Occasionally I notice that only 2 of the green lights are on the Obi200 and I just do a reset and everything is ok again. Other times all 3 green lights are on, and it fixes itself, as someone else calls 15 minutes later and it goes thru without me resetting it. Another thing I noticed that changed recently was that the caller id on my cordless phone began to work with my contact list that I had setup. Before it would only show a phone number, but now it shows the name as well from the list I created.

I am not sure how to go about trouble shooting the problem since its so intermittent. I have read a bunch of posts, but I think that only confused me more. Thanks

jennyhannb