News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

autoattendant not working on out-of-the-box OBi200

Started by MikeGJ, June 02, 2018, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGJ

originally posted this in another section - thought it should likely go here, might get better response?
This is an update from original post - stuff I tried but ssint help -
Problem: OBi200 set up out of box doesnt direct trusted callers to autoattendant.

Bought a 200 a while back but was still using 110 with simonics until I started getting "service not configured" errors on outbound calls recently. Decided to set up the 200 - seemed to set up OK, status green and GV on SP1 connected - dashboard has kept both my trusted callers and my speeddial settings from my 110 setup. Set up 200 with my GV account not Simonics (disabled my GV under Simonics account to set up 200).
BUT when I dial in to my GV number from my cell (trusted caller #1) it goes straight through to ringing my house line.

Deleted both trusted callers and put them back - then checked settings under voice services (didnt think to check these untial after I deleted and reentered so I dont know what my settings were defaulted to when I set up the 200).
Thought adding trusted callers AUTOMATICALLY directed those number to autoattendant?

Expert settings for 200 setup shows SP1 X_InboundCallRoute  directing trusted callers to aa, entry is {(x.7201234567|x.secondnumber):aa},{ph} - this looks OK to me, but under physical interface Line Port inboundcallroute just shows ph - my 110 settings here show same rule as SP1 X_inboundcallroute.
update - tried changing my 200 settings adding Line port inboundcallroute to same value as SP1 X_inboundcallroute value (as my 110 had) - but all that resulted in was my call from my trusted number not ringing the house line (my GV number) and evetually going to VM instead.

So I'm still at a loss. Anyone any ideas why AA is not picking up?

drgeoff

Line port settings are irrelevant on an OBi200 unless you have an OBiLINE plugged in to the USB socket.

AIUI GV is now sending the caller ID in the format +1 nnn nnn nnnn. OBi's Regular Expression analyser regards x as meaning any digit 1 to 9 but not the +.  You need to modify the SP1 X_InboundCallRoute appropriately.

PS See the issues you cause when posting the same question more than once.  Please do not do it again.

MikeGJ

thanks for the clarification on the line port - that makes sense. Sorry about the double post, but I thought it should be really here as it seemed like a set up issue but if its a GV change then maybe its just a coincidence.
Ive had a reply on the other thread suggesting the same, and suggesting to use @. instead of x. - which should work but does not. Strangely it results in my trusted number not ringing the obi but instead going to VM. Even more strangely, reverting back to the obitalk settings (with x.tendigitnumber values) after these unsuccessful changes results in the next call in from the trusted number to actually go through to the AA - but subsequent calls from the same trusted number then skip the AA and ring straight through to the land line. Something odd is at work.

So the other thread
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14037.0
seems to be generating some suggestions, and I've responded there - so if anyone who is reading this post would like to move over there that'd work.