News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New GV-SIP Settings page does not list OBi devices

Started by restamp, June 02, 2018, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restamp

On the GV Legacy Settings page, OBis are listed along with linked numbers and can be set to either receive GV calls or not.  However, on the new GV-SIP Settings page this does not appear to be the case: only my linked numbers show up, not my OBi.  Am I missing something or is there no way to manage the forwarding of calls to OBis anymore from this page?

SteveInWA

The plan is to list all the VoIP endpoints on the new web UI.  At the moment, only users enrolled in the WiFi calling beta see the new section showing all your endpoints.  So, in the mean time, if you want to disable or enable one of them, you can do it on the legacy web site.

See my screenshot below -- this is what you will eventually have on your settings page.

restamp

Thanks for the additional info, Steve.  Let's hope they finalize the new Settings page before the 18th.

SteveInWA

Why?  Only XMPP is going away.  Nothing will change with regard to the way you're now using Google Voice with your OBiTALK device(s), assuming those devices have been upgraded to the current firmware, and you have the SIP: entries on the Legacy user interface.  The OBiTALK device settings are already baked into the new settings page.  They just aren't visible yet to users not on the WiFi calling beta.  The only thing that is missing is finishing the WiFi/VoIP calling beta, at which point everyone will see the settings shown in my screenshot.  That event is independent of OBi-GV-SIP use.