News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Odd ringing pattern

Started by sorinut, June 03, 2018, 09:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorinut

I have an Obi 202 and I'm curious if I can change the ringing pattern.  Right now, by default, it does a long ring with two short rings, pause, two short rings.  Is it possible to make it ring like a regular telephone system, long ring, pause, long ring?

drgeoff

Quote from: sorinut on June 03, 2018, 09:12:10 PM
I have an Obi 202 and I'm curious if I can change the ringing pattern.  Right now, by default, it does a long ring with two short rings, pause, two short rings.  Is it possible to make it ring like a regular telephone system, long ring, pause, long ring?

Yes, there are more than 10 predefined ones and they can be customised if none are already to your liking.

Use Expert Mode on the portal.  Under the relevant Voice Service the X_RingProfile selects the A or B set and X_DefaultRing selects which of the 10 in the chosen set is used.

The actual patterns are configured under Ring Settings, Ring Profile A or B.  The syntax of the patterns is in the Admin Guide http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543113.

Rukbat

The standard North American ring pattern is 2 sec on, 4 sec off, repeating, so:

60;(2+4)

which will ring that pattern for 60 seconds.  (It's the Bellcore-dr1 ring, Ring Pattern 1 in Ring Profile A.  It should be there, just choose Profile A in the service (Voice Services/Service SP1, or SP2 or whichever you want it for), and choose 1 for X_DefaultRing  (either by connecting directly to the 202 or, preferably, by using Expert Mode in the dashboard).