News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Mesh Router

Started by bill-cary, June 05, 2018, 07:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill-cary

If I connect OBI200 (already setup) to my Google Mesh router it is OFFLINE.
If I connect a DLink router to the Mesh and connect the OBI to the DLink, it works fine.

Obviously, the Mesh is blocking it - what do I need to configure in the Mesh to run the OBI directly thru it?

BigJim_McD

bill-cary, 

Sorry that you are having issues using Google WiFi Mesh Routers.

Just an FYI: 
I have 5 OBi devices {2-OBi202's, OBi200, OBi110 and a OBi100} working on our Google WiFi Mesh network without any issues. 

I switched from a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 to Google WiFi Nov. 2016 and the only thing I did was reboot each of the OBi devices.  I didn't have to make any changes on my Google WiFi Mesh Routers to get the OBi devices to work.

Later, I used "DHCP IP reservations" to assign the IP addresses that I preferred on the devices.
BigJimMcD

chilirock

Same here. I have my Obi200 connected to my Google Wifi Mesh router, via a 5 port switch (Router>Switch>Obi). No issues for me either. I also use a static IP address so that the IP for the Obi doesn't change.

Shinato

Quote from: chilirock on June 05, 2018, 09:57:42 AM
I also use a static IP address so that the IP for the Obi doesn't change.

This is the key.

When I first set up my Obi200 with Google Wifi, I configured two SP - Google Voice and voip.ms.   voip.ms registered and works fine, while GV works for a little bit before eventually becoming disconnected.

I tried a number of troubleshooting steps, including factory resetting the Obi200 and clearing my GV access permission in my Google account, to no avail.  Every time I restart my Obi200, GV will work for a little while, then becomes disconnected.

Eventually through trial-and-error, I found out that setting up an IP reservation for the Obi200 in Google Wifi solved the issue.  I'm not sure why a static IP makes a difference, but I've had no trouble with GV since.    (and voip.ms has always worked with or without IP reservation)