News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to account for the "+" prefix on OBI

Started by srinia, June 05, 2018, 08:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srinia

I use my OBI 200 mostly to call India using my cordless phone through Google Voice. Everything was working fine until recently when i started getting either of the below messages while trying to call India from my cordless phone.

"This is not a valid number"

"we could not complete your call please try again"

I get these messages when i dial just the country code, area code and the phone number

I do not get these messages while using the speed dial option where i have the above number with a "+" prefix. I get a "this call is routed through google message" and the call goes through.

My question is what changes should be made on OBI so i do not have to dial the "+" which is not possible with a cordless phone. This way i can dial numbers that are not on speed dial too.

I do not have this problem with US numbers.

SteveInWA

The drop-dead simplest thing to do is to prefix (dial first), 011, then 91, then the Indian phone number.  the 011 does the same thing as +

No doubt somebody will give you 10 posts-worth of digit maps, but this simply works.

azrobert

What Steve recommended will work, but the default DigitMap has a couple of annoyances. You have to dial 3 extra digits (011) and there will be a 10 second delay before the call is routed. A simple single DigitMap rule will fix the rejection problem and reduce the delay to 2 seconds. The removal of other rules will eliminate any delay.

Assuming:
GV is defined on SP1
SP1 is your Primary Line
You are only calling N. America, India and other International numbers (011)
Indian numbers are 10 digits plus the 91 country code

The DigitMap is found in OBi Expert here:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap

This is the default:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Change it to:
(<011>91xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

Dial 91 followed by 10 digits
There will be zero routing delay in your OBi

Edit:
You can use the following to add 7 digit dialing
Replace AAA with your local area code

(<011>91xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1AAA>xxxxxxx|011xx.S3)

srinia

Wow. Thank you Steve and azrobert for your responses. I will try them out later today.