News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forum posting issue

Started by FormerYooper, June 06, 2018, 09:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FormerYooper

I have been trying to post to the forum  from my desktop computer for a couple of days now, but every attempt has been unsuccessful.  I get the notification in red ... The message body was left empty.  There is also a red line around the message body block.  However, there is text in the message body.  I see this issue reported on DSL reports forum & have done all the recommended fixes (clear cache & clear cookies for OBi website), but to no avail.  The issue persists.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I am posting from my tablet in the hopes that it will work.  I have attached an image of the issue.

FormerYooper

I tried another brower (Edge) & am able to post from my desktop from there.  Am going to assume that the adblockers I have installed on Firefox (HTTPS Everywhere, NoMiners & UBlock Origin) are causing the issue.  Just FYI for anyone else encountering this issue. 

SteveInWA

It works for me.

I briefly saw some weird editing/posting issue a few days ago, but I can't recall the exact behavior.  I think it wasn't letting me edit and save.  If you are still having the problem, then yes, it would strongly point to your browser add-ons.  Personally, those sound a bit overkill.  I use Adblock Plus and Ghostery; both are effective, stable and well-supported.  Ghostery has some technology to temporarily un-block ads or analytics sites, where blocking them would break the page, while not actually saving any cookies permanently.

FormerYooper

As always, I value your advice & input SteveinWA.  Yeah, it's the add-ons in Firefox.  I used to use Adblock Plus, but my computer geek family member told me it was no longer that effective.  Thus, the change to HTTPS Everywhere, uBlock Origin & NoMiners.  LOL!  Might be overkill, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.  I also sent you a PM re: this issue, but alas, I sent it from FF so there is no text in the message.  Please excuse that message & ignore it.  And again Steve, I appreciate all the assistance & advice you consistently & so generously give all of us here on the forum.  I swear sometimes, you must be a divinely patient person! 

SteveInWA

Great, thanks for the kind feedback!

restamp

FWIW, I'm seeing exactly the same thing here with my Firefox browser.  This is forcing me to post using Chrome. I'd really hate to have to start juggling add-ons to find the problem, but I guess eventually I will have to tackle this head-on if it doesn't resolve with the next FF release.

FormerYooper

Quote from: restamp on June 06, 2018, 05:54:19 PM
FWIW, I'm seeing exactly the same thing here with my Firefox browser.  This is forcing me to post using Chrome. I'd really hate to have to start juggling add-ons to find the problem, but I guess eventually I will have to tackle this head-on if it doesn't resolve with the next FF release.

Yeah, well I just updated FF to version 60.0.2 & no joy.  Then, I disabled *all* of my add-ons & still no go!  Am using Edge to post this.  What a PITA to have to change browsers every time I want to post.  Never had this issue with Firefox before. 

Rukbat

Just in case anyone looks in this thread for a solution, it was posted in another thread - don't use https in the address bar, use http (and change your bookmarks if you have the site bookmarked).  I had the same problem but, as you can see, I can post.  AdBlockPlus is enabled, so is Ghostery.  Firefox 60.0.2.