News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial Plan Conversion Help Please - SPA3000 to OBi110

Started by BigJake, August 26, 2011, 02:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJake

Hi

Just ordered my OBi110 to replace my trusty SPA3000 (to get the GV outbound call capability which just hit Europe, at least in a subset of what the guys in the US get).

I have the following dial plan working just now in the SPA and wondered if someone could assist in converting as best I can to help me achieve something similar on the OBi:

(112S0<:@gw0>|090[69]!|0[89]00xxxx<:@gw0>|1233S0<:@gw0>|1200S0<:@gw0>|0[89]00xxxxxxxS0<:@gw0>|<0:0031>[6]xxxxxxxxS0<:@gw0>|<0:0031>[1-57]xxxxxxxxS0<:@gw3>|<:003170>[2-9]xxxxxxS0<:@gw3>|xx.<:@gw3>|*xx.<:@gw3>|**xx.<:@gw3>|<#1,:>xx.<:@gw1>|<#2,:>xx.<:@gw2>|<#3,:>xx.<:@gw3>|<#9,:>xx.<:@gw0>|<#9,:>*xx<:@gw0>)

Hence, there are a couple of factors that I can see I need to work out before I can switchover:

1.  I need to ensure that 112 is recognized as the emergency number and immediately dialed out of the PSTN as soon as pattern matched (would be good to have it recognize 911,999,112 all as emergency numbers and convert to pushing them out of the PSTN as 112).

2.  I would like to put all other outbound calls down the GV interface, except for local cell/mobile numbers, which will always be formatted 06xxxxxxxx or 00316xxxxxxxx (and they need to go out of the PSTN).

3.  For incoming calls, I would like to have 2 options, and I'm hoping I didn't mess up here.  My incoming calls come both from PSTN, but also from a sipgate voip account which I have registered.  Hence, I'm hoping the OBi will allow me to have either 2 SIP accounts active (like the GWs in the SPA), or at least to have only one permanently registered (sipgate) whilst dynamically passing the account credentials to bring up the GV account for outgoing calls as they are dialled.

4.  Is the box configurable like the SPA in terms of making it compatible with Europe in terms of dial tones, ring tones and impedances and signalling?  I can live with tone differences, but the the PSTN interface probably needs to be matching the local provider's expectations.

Final question would be whether the failover to PSTN is configurable, or how it is configured by default to handle failure of the Voip interfaces.  In some respects it's good to know if a call has failed over to PSTN rather than finding out on the bill...

Many thanks in advance if anyone already went through this transition and can help.

RonR

Quote from: BigJake on August 26, 2011, 02:18:22 AM
I have the following dial plan working just now in the SPA and wondered if someone could assist in converting as best I can to help me achieve something similar on the OBi:

I'd be happy to help you, but please spell out exactly what you want instead of me trying to decipher your SPA3000 dialplan.

3.  For incoming calls, I would like to have 2 options, and I'm hoping I didn't mess up here.  My incoming calls come both from PSTN, but also from a sipgate voip account which I have registered.  Hence, I'm hoping the OBi will allow me to have either 2 SIP accounts active (like the GWs in the SPA), or at least to have only one permanently registered (sipgate) whilst dynamically passing the account credentials to bring up the GV account for outgoing calls as they are dialled.

With Google Voice configured on SP1, you can have one registered VoIP provider configured on SP2.  With a resgistered VoIP provider on SP2, you can have additional non-registered VoIP providers configured on Voice Gateways for outgoing calls.  For incoming calls, the non-registered VoIP providers will have to use SIP URI's.

Final question would be whether the failover to PSTN is configurable, or how it is configured by default to handle failure of the Voip interfaces.  In some respects it's good to know if a call has failed over to PSTN rather than finding out on the bill...

The only failover in the OBi is that the PHONE Port is connected directly to the LINE Port in the event of a power failure.

BigJake

Hi RonR

Many thanks for your offer of help.  Here is what I would like to do with the dial plan:

112 send out PSTN immediately on match

999 and 911 - translate to 112 and send out PSTN immediately on match

084 immediately barred

0906 or 0909 immediately barred

0800 or 0900 followed by any number of digits sent out PSTN

1200 sent out PSTN immediately on match

for a mobile number formatted 06xxxxxxxx replace the initial 0 with 0031 and then append the 6xxxxxxxx and dial immediately out of PSTN

for a mobile number formatted 00316xxxxxxxx immediately send out of PSTN

for a number totally 7 digits starting with 2 through 9, prepend it with 003170 and then append the 7 digits and immediately dial on GV

for a 10 or 11 digit number starting with 0 followed by 1 through 5 or 7 - replace the leading 0 with 0031 and send to GV

wildcard for all others calls to GV

I'm delighted that I can have a VoIP provider registered in addition to GV, plus more outbound-only GWs.

Since writing my initial request I found the section on the site with the tech manual and saw that there are indeed regional settings available to configure the OBi to the Dutch standards.  However, I guess I'll have to rely on just copying them from my existing Sipura (haven't found a site telling me what the formal standards are for Holland yet, but I guess copying what currently works is a good start).

If I can get the simple plan above in then at least I will replace what I currently have and I can figure out the new functionality as I read more.

Will I be able to enter the above configuration via the interface on the Internet or will I have to go via the local web interface on the OBi?  I guess it depends on which firmware the box is delivered with, but from what I read so far my preference would be via the Internet central configuration page if it lets me?

Thanks again for your time.

RonR

Quote from: BigJake on August 26, 2011, 01:48:18 PM
for a number totally 7 digits starting with 2 through 9, prepend it with 003170 and then append the 7 digits and immediately dial on GV

for a 10 or 11 digit number starting with 0 followed by 1 through 5 or 7 - replace the leading 0 with 0031 and send to GV

wildcard for all others calls to GV[/i]

I'm just about there, but it struck me that Google Voice wants 011+ for international calling.  Are you sure 00+ is accepted and that's what you want sent to Google Voice?

Quote from: BigJake on August 26, 2011, 01:48:18 PM
Will I be able to enter the above configuration via the interface on the Internet or will I have to go via the local web interface on the OBi?  I guess it depends on which firmware the box is delivered with, but from what I read so far my preference would be via the Internet central configuration page if it lets me?

You can configure the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal or through the OBi itself.  I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal, so everything you see from me refers to the OBi itself.

BigJake

To be honest, I don't know.  It's complicated by the fact that the full GV isn't available outside the US (where international access is 011+).  All I have to go on is the popup box that I get in the chat interface in gmail when you click the "Call Phone" button.  Here, you have to select the destination country flag, but when you hover on that flag you see the code.  But, it shows the code applicable to the country you are dialling from, so for UK I see +44.  It must either detect this from the location set in the gmail profile or from the IP address it sees for the session.  Whether it actually sends +44 to the GV trunk I'm not sure.  Maybe someone using the OBi already in Europe with our cut-down GV could help?  Many thanks.

BigJake

I just had a thought.  All my contacts are in gmail with the standard full international numbers using the + syntax.  When I open the details page for a contact and hover on one of the phone numbers I get a green "Call Phone" icon appear.  When I click on it the number gets accepted fine and it dials OK.  Hence, I know it works with +31 or +44 etc, but not sure if the old 0031 or 0044 works (that's what the Sipura needed and is what the PSTN expects).  It is also what is in the memory for all my DECT phone contacts.  Maybe there is a way I can program that with a "+" instead of 00

RonR

Here it is the way you originally asked for it.  I added a 00+ rule in the Google Voice DigitMap so it accepts 00+ or 011+ (or anything else since you asked for Google Voice to pass anything):

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|112|<999:112>|<911:112>|
**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|112):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:

(!(084|0906|0909)|1200|(0800|0900)xx.|<0:0031>6xxxxxxxx|00316xxxxxxxx|
<**1003170>[2-9]xxxxxx|<0:**10031>[1-57]xxxxxxxxx?|<**1>xx.)

Voice Services -> ITSP PRofile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|00xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

I have no easy way to test any of this, so don't be surprised if it needs a tweak or two.

BigJake

Hi RonR

Many thanks for your time and help.  That will give me a really quick switchover when my OBi arrives next week.  It will also help me learn the OBi syntax, which I will try and do now I found the link to the manual.

BigJake