News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Long delay after dialling

Started by Fraser, June 07, 2018, 02:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraser

Hello;

I'm faced with a 12-second delay after dialling a number - I tried altering the dial pattern, but it gets overwritten pretty quickly.

Yes pressing hash (or pound) makes the call go through straight away - but how can I reduce this 12 second delay to 4 seconds?

azrobert

Use OBi Expert to make configuration changes. If you use the local interface, Obitalk will overlay your changes.

How many digits is the number you are dialing?
What is the format of all the numbers you need to call?
Country codes, star codes or other sort or long numbers?

Fraser

Thanks for your reply - this time I've ticked the box to be notified of replies :)

Whats OBi Expert?

We dial 7 - 12 digits, and the pbx the OBi is connected to has star codes, like *97 for voicemail

drgeoff

OBi Expert is the mode of the Obitalk portal that gives access to almost all of the configuration settings.  Accessible by clicking the cogwheel containing a red E on the line that lists your OBi.

If that cogwheel is not showing click on 'Edit Profile', scroll to the bottom and tick the box "Enable OBi Expert Entry from Dashboard".

Fraser

Ah awesome, thanks!!

I made my dial plan "([x*][x*].S3)" - PBX star codes work now and no more 12-second delay after dialling the number, woohoo!

azrobert

The OBi analyzes each digit as they are received and will process the received digits immediately or wait for more digits depending on the rules in the DigitMap.

There are 2 timers.
The short timer is 2 seconds.
The long timer is 10 seconds.

If a dialed number only matches a rule ending with "x.", there will be a 10 second delay.
This is considered an Indefinite Match because "x." will match any number of digits and the long timer is used. The OBi doesn't know if you will enter additional digits, so it waits.

If the dialed number matches a rule without "x.", it will result in an Exact Match. If the dialed number can potentially match another rule if more digits are entered, the OBi will use the short timer of 2 seconds. If the dialed number cannot potentially match another rule if more digits are entered the OBi will process the call immediately and not wait for additional digits.

An S suffix on a DigitMap rule followed by a number will override the wait period.
The OBi2xx has the option to globally change the default short and long timers.

Assuming you dial *97, 7 digits, 10 digits and 12 digits with 44 country code.

(*97|xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|44xxxxxxxxxx)

Wait times for dialing the following:
*97 - no wait
1234567 - 2 seconds
4434567890 - 2 seconds
1234567890 - no wait
441234567890 - no wait