News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

device is connected, phone numbers not received a response by service provider

Started by AnnieRachie, June 07, 2018, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieRachie

I have an obi 200 box connected to google voice.
on my obi dashboard it says that service provider 1, google voice, is connected.
however, when I try to make outgoing calls, it says this number has not received a response from the service provider. 
i tried to reach customer service through email and have received infrequent responses to my emails.
can anyone please help.
thanks

alm260

I have the same device and use GV as well and ever since we've had it (a month now) I can receive incoming calls and make out going calls about 70% of the time.  During the other 30% I go to pick up an incoming call and all I get is silence or when I make an outgoing call it will ring three times then silence.  I've tested Google Voice through a friend's Obitalk at her house and it works just fine with our account.  So the issue must be with the Obitalk.  I've tried a new Obitalk and sent the first one back but still having issues.  No one in this thread has helped us yet.

AnnieRachie

FormerYooper

Quote from: AnnieRachie on June 08, 2018, 04:39:57 AM
what does it mean to cycle the power to the unit?

Disconnect the OBi from power by pulling out the power cord & then reconnecting it again.  You will then see the various lights on the unit flash off & on. 

AnnieRachie

Quote from: FormerYooper on June 08, 2018, 05:23:50 AM

Disconnect the OBi from power by pulling out the power cord & then reconnecting it again.  You will then see the various lights on the unit flash off & on. 

should i delete the obi 200 from my dashboard before I pull out the power cord and then reconnect it again?

drgeoff

Quote from: AnnieRachie on June 09, 2018, 01:15:00 PM
Quote from: FormerYooper on June 08, 2018, 05:23:50 AM

should i delete the obi 200 from my dashboard before I pull out the power cord and then reconnect it again?
"Cycling the power" does not of itself include deleting an OBi from the dashboard.