News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice/callcentric forwarding - call treatments not working?

Started by sorinut, June 08, 2018, 06:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorinut

I have google voice forwarded to Callcentric so I can use call treatments and get cnam info.  Problem is,  have call treatments set up for "high" probability spam calls and they are still ringing through.  I've tried "error", "busy tone", "calling card". None of them are working..

Any ideas where to go from here?

drgeoff

GV changed the format of the Caller ID number.  Perhaps Callcentric's spam filters do not (yet) cope with that.

Whatever it is a GV/Callcentric "fault".  Nothing that Obihai are responsible for or can fix.

Taoman

Quote from: sorinut on June 08, 2018, 06:14:20 AM

Any ideas where to go from here?

If you're on the latest firmware and using SIP with GV it should be working. The examples you gave all use early media which Google Voice ignored when using XMPP. But it should work if you've been converted to using SIP. What's your firmware version?

But in any case, if it won't work for you make the CC call treatment route to a CC IVR. You will have to configure the IVR the way you want it. The easiest way is to not configure anything except "Last Route" and select "Busy tone/Line disconnect." Callcentric's IVR does not use early media so it definitely works.

sorinut

Firmware is 3.2.2.  I changed it back to error message and I’ll try it from there.  Google voice shows the long sip login info instead of Chat, so it looks like it’s working.  Of course, I’m not using that except for dialing out.  Incoming calls are forwarded to the CAllcentric NY number, which is SP2 on the obihai.

EDIT:  I changed it to error and now the call doesn’t even list in my call centric log, but google voice is still picking it up.