News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is it necessary to set up DSCP on my Verizon FIOS (actiontec) router?

Started by Daniel, August 26, 2011, 08:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Is it necessary to set up DSCP on my Verizon FIOS (actiontec) router? Or is all of that handled by default by the Obi even for Google Voice connections?

LeftRight

Not sure what you are referring to, but I would suggest you get your OBi device setup without any change on your router. Then, simple check on following things to see if the device works OK -

1/ Lift your handset off the hook, and you should obtain a dial tone immediately

2/ Dial * * 9 - 222 222 222, OBi echo test, and see if you can get your own voice echoed back.

3/ Setup Google Voice through OBiTALK portal, and see if you can place or receive a call.

RonR

Daniel,

Unless you've got a limited amount of bandwidth available (unlikely with FIOS) or you're saturating the capacity you do have with some other service, QoS is generally not an issue and you probably don't need to worry about Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) settings unless/until you start having problems.