News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 110 Question Re: Line Out

Started by DavidW, August 26, 2011, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Hello. New to OBI 110. I have connected a phone to the phone port and a local telco line to the line port. I also have GV setup. I thought I read somewhere in an online manual that when this is the case, the local telco is used by default for outgoing calls. However, it seems that GV is alsways being used. At least I can see entries made into GV's "placed" log for the calls. So:

(a) Can I use the local telco line for outgoing calls? If so, how do I tell OBI to use that line out?

(b) Can I control which method OBI uses by default for outgoing calls? How?

Thanks

RonR

Calls are sent by default to the trunk defined at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine

An alternate trunk can be specified by prefixing the dialed number:

**1 + number -> SP1 Service
**2 + number -> SP2 Service
**8 + number -> LINE Port
**9 + number -> OBiTALK Service

DavidW

Quote from: RonR on August 26, 2011, 11:59:59 AM
Calls are sent by default to the trunk defined at:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine

An alternate trunk can be specified by prefixing the dialed number:

**1 + number -> SP1 Service
**2 + number -> SP2 Service
**8 + number -> LINE Port
**9 + number -> OBiTALK Service

Thanks. Where do I go to set Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine? I looked on the OBI Talk Dashboard but do not see that. More detailed directions, please.

RonR

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal.  I log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  From there, it should be very obvious.  If you decide to make changes directly to the OBi, it's necessary to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

DavidW

Quote from: RonR on August 26, 2011, 12:19:44 PM
I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal.  I log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  From there, it should be very obvious.  If you decide to make changes directly to the OBi, it's necessary to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Thanks very much. I should have looked there too. Is there some documentation somewhere that defines all this stuff for the newbie? I changed the auto provisioning method as directed, but I have no idea what it really means. Inquiring minds want to know... :-)

OBiSupport

We suggest you use the OBi Expert configuration pages to make modifications such as this -- No need to disable provisioning.

This is especially useful when you have OBi devices dispersed throughout a country or the world. From your single OBiTALK web portal log-in you may control your OBi devices with a great deal of granularity and control.