News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't import google contacts with obiextras

Started by crixus, June 09, 2018, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crixus

I've been using obi extras for a little over a year now but for the past two months I can no longer import my google contacts with obiextras. When I try, a message pops up saying "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app." Has anyone else had this problem? I've sent two emails to obi support but I haven't received a reply. Kind of annoying given that I pay about $20 a year for this service. Now I'm tempted to terminate it.

Lander

I have the same issue. It seems like they can't even fix it. Support replied to me a couple of times but then stopped and gave up.

crixus

I finally received an email today from obihai support. The message said they're working on the issue.

madhatter

same problem here ... this is the ONLY REASON I bought OBIEXTRAS and it is absolutely useless to me.

I had this problem about a year or so ago and I reported it and they fixed it within a day.  It's been months now and it still isn't working.  I'm guessing that Polycom has laid off the skilled resources at OBI that knew how to fix this.Or  or some of their key techies have left.

Very sad.

Lander

I'm in the same boat. They seem to have done something but now all I get when I try to import is a message that says importing has failed please try again later.

madhatter

exactly right...  it's not that the Problem Is Between Keyboard And Chair

SteveInWA

All I can tell you is that it works fine for me.

madhatter

have you opened your contacts in the new Google Contacts app or are you using the Legacy app.  I wonder if there's something in the conversion to the new app causing a problem.  Glad to hear yours is working, though,  others are also reporting the same problem I am having.

SteveInWA

I don't understand what you are trying to do.  You do not have to open the Google Contacts app on your browser at all.  The import is done from the OBiTALK web portal.  The procedure grants OBiTALK's contacts import function secure access to your contacts, and then OBiTALK imports them.  The "import contacts" button is on the OBiTALK web page for your IP phone.

madhatter

SteveInWA

Quote from: madhatter on June 18, 2018, 02:03:14 PM
here's what's happening see attached

Thanks!  I sent your post over to one of my contacts at Polycom to investigate.

RE:  your theory about which Google Contacts UI I am using; I have used both.  They are just two different UIs that access the same data, so that wouldn't be the issue.  Similarly, both the new Google Voice UI and the old, "Legacy" UI are accessing the same system.

One thing you could try:  Google Chrome Browser allows multiple Google accounts to be signed in on the same browser at the same time.  This can cause some functions to break, because the function is trying to operate on account "A", but you actually want it to use account "B".  To prevent this:

Open a Chrome browser window.  Press Ctrl-Shift-N to open an "Incognito" browsing window.  In that window, sign into only the one Gmail account that holds your desired contacts list. Go to this page: https://myaccount.google.com/.  Click the "Accounts with App Access" link.  On the next page, click the "MANAGE APPS" link.  Delete all entries that mention contacts import.  This will reset the permission.  Do NOT delete the permission for OBiTALK.  See my screenshot below.

Press Ctrl-T to open another browser tab in the same Incognito session.  Log into your OBiTALK account and try the import function again.  It should ask you for permission to access Google Contacts.  Look closely at the pop-up
dialog box, and make sure it displays the correct Gmail address of the desired Google Contacts list.

madhatter

Thanks again for your help... I did go into incognito and did find an import record under manage apps and deleted it, like your screenshot, however after trying to import under a new incognito tab I get the same error :-(

madhatter

here's the confirmation I get from Google that the OBiTalk service is authorized.... the gmail account is the correct account.  See attached

SteveInWA

Thanks for trying.  I don't know why it isn't working, but at least you now know that OBiTALK has the correct, "fresh" permission from you, to access your Google Contacts.  So, the problem is on the OBiTALK side.

SteveInWA

A tech support rep at Polycom is working on your issue.  Hopefully, you'll know more tomorrow.

madhatter

madhatter

still no word from Obi, must be summer vacation

SteveInWA

I dunno.  All I can tell you is that I bugged them about it again yesterday, and I was told a tech has it on their docket to investigate.

madhatter

thanks, Steve, any help is greatly appreciated!