News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Receive lots of SIG Random calls after connect to Simonics GVGW

Started by peihsinhsu, December 07, 2017, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peihsinhsu

I have received a lot of  unknown phone call which is not shown in google voice call history.
The caller ID: 1-310-000-0000 and it calls 38 times every hour.

Reported to Simonics.

And he replied to  changed X_UserAgentPort outside of the 5000-6000 range.

I have changed X_UserAgentPort from 5060 to 7000, but it automatically settled to 5080.

Please help me how to change X_UserAgentPort  to outside of the 5000-6000 range or fix the SIG random calls.

Your help is deeply appreciated.

Taoman

Quote from: peihsinhsu on December 07, 2017, 07:36:36 AM

I have changed X_UserAgentPort from 5060 to 7000, but it automatically settled to 5080.

You need to uncheck both boxes to the right of the field you are trying change.

After changing the X_UserAgentPort, go up the page a bit and put a checkmark in front of:

X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly

Again, you must uncheck both boxes to the right of any field you wish to edit. Then submit and save your changes.

Following the instructions above should fix the problem.

Edit: Just realized you are probably using an OBi1xx device which does not support X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly so you won't be able to find that field. But changing the X_UserAgentPort should fix the problem.

drgeoff

If you are trying to make the change using your Obi's onboard web server interface, don't. You need to make the change using Expert mode on the Obitalk portal.

peihsinhsu

Yes, I am able to save 7000 and I observed one day for random calls.
It seems fixed.

Thanks for all helped.

Peihsin

MLD100

I migrated to Simonics GVGW on Dec 7tha after getting the 'TCP Backinf Off' error.  At first all look good but I soon was also receiving random calls.   These calls had a wierd caller id and did not show up in the GV log.  They would ring and ring.  If answered there would be a tone and then nothing.  Upon hanging up it would ring again almost instantly.  If I let it ring it would ring for about a full minute and then timeout but it would ring again in between 7 to 20 minutes.  Like someone else posted I had to unplug it to get some sleep.

But, I made the change described above.  Using the expert OBI interface I changed X_UserAgentPort to 7000.  I have waited two days and have not had any of these calls.   So, I am declaring it fixed--for the tme being anyway.

GPz1100

Rather than fixing the symptom, fix the problem.  Review your firewall and set it to block any/all external inbound traffic. Hosts inside the firewall open ports to the outside.  Outside uses these ports to send data/traffic back; everything else is blocked.

2bcool

I have the Obi100 too for 7 years, I migrated to Simonics GVGW some months back, had same random call issue. Now I'm able to fix this issue after changing the port number from 5060 to 7000.

Thanks guys!

Mango2

While this will work temporarily, it may only be a matter of time until they find you again.  In that case, you will need to place your VoIP equipment behind a firewall with no port forwarding or DMZ, and SIP ALG disabled.