News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Linksys (Cisco) IP Phone SPA941 & OBiTalk

Started by osmonxp, June 12, 2018, 05:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

osmonxp

Does anybody have instructions on how to setup a Linksys IP Phone SPA941 with OBiTalk and Google Voice? I have followed several guides I found online but nothing appears to be working.  I have an OBi202 device and configured the ITSP Profile D, I get dial tone on the IP phone but I am unable to make or receive calls.  Any help you can provide me with will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

drgeoff

First step would be to get GV working on the OBi202 with an analogue phone.

osmonxp

That's done, GV has been configured and it is working.

azrobert

Are you getting an authentication error when the phone tries to register to the OBi202? A bug was introduced after build 5757 and some devices will fail to register. You can circumvent this problem by turning off registration in the phone and disabling X_Proxy in the OBi202.

osmonxp

I have not noticed any authentication errors, the phone gets dial tone but I cannot make or receive any calls.  The analog phone attached to phone port 1 works without any issues.

RFC3261

Quote from: osmonxp on June 13, 2018, 08:43:19 AM
I have not noticed any authentication errors, the phone gets dial tone but I cannot make or receive any calls.
The dial tone is generated locally (by the phone) to make you feel good about pushing buttons.  You would have to look in the phone logs to see if there are registration issues.  If you followed the directions OBi provided (years ago) about setting up IP phones you likely are using registration, and as azrobert said, OBi broke that with more recent firmware, and you must change your phone and obi configuration.

osmonxp

Where can I find those directions provided by OBi? 

azrobert

Some devices will still register to the OBi202. Check to see if it's registered.
In OBi Expert go to Status/System Status
The status of the trunk you defined as the X_Proxy should look something like this:
Registration Not Required Local_client xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp

xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp is the IP address and port of your phone. If you don't see the address, the phone isn't registered to the OBi202.

Here is the setup
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12492.0

Do following to circumvent the bug:
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_Proxy: Unchecked 

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(OBi200@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp)

OBi200 = UserId of IP phone
xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp is the IP address and port of the phone

Turn off registration in the phone

osmonxp

No joy, still the same issue.  One interesting thing, every time I make changes to Voice Services -> X_inboundCallRoute it resets back to {ph1,ph2} any idea why it keeps doing that? and yes, the default box is unchecked.

osmonxp

Ok, it was OBiTalk overwriting my settings so that's good but I'm still unable to make calls, I can receive but cannot make any call, I get dial tone but when I try to dial a number I get a quick busy signal.

Any ideas?