News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Brand new OBi202 no dial tone after it upgraded to 5859EX

Started by Milojah, June 13, 2018, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milojah

I was previously using a Cisco SPA-112 with Google voice via the Simonics gateway.

Had a number of issues getting the device working, including manually upgrading the firmware to 5757. After a few forum posts, the device was working. Then it started rebooting itself every 3 minutes,

I performed another factory reset and now the phone ports are inop.

I have tried to call support (ha!), then I put in 2 service requests. After *hours* I got a response that my device was linked to GV now, but ignore the 2nd ticket. I replied to email, I created another request and no response in 3+ hours.

PLUS, I can't go back to the SPA, because the link to XMPP has been broken.

So far, I'm really unimpressed with Obihai. *Premium* support sucks.

drgeoff

No dial tone usually means a hardware failure.  The default conditions after a reset should always give dial tone even without an ethernet cable plugged in.  Do ensure that the phone and the phone cord are not to blame.

You are not the first, and I doubt you will be the last, to have formed a less than complimentary opinion about Obihai support.  Fortunately the majority of posters with a problem find the support here from non-Obihai people is second to none.