News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Dial tone and Obi100 has a solid red light on...

Started by yashoo, August 26, 2011, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yashoo

This is my second post (First one can be found here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1397.0). My new OBi100 worked fine but just for one day. Yesterday, I picked up the phone, got a dial tone, then a hissing noise and then it went dead. The same cycle repeated every time I turned the phone on.

I tried power cycling, rebooting (by logging in using the IP) but all in vain. I thought to delete the device and re-add it. But when I did that, it rendered it totally dead. The device has no dial tone, I can't connect using IP, there is a solid Red LED (left most one while facing the unit) and the middle one flickers red sometimes.

Please help!

RonR

You can try using a paper-clip to reset it through the bottom (hold it depressed for an extended period of time).  If that doesn't revive it, you'll need to contact Obihai for a replacement.

yashoo

Thanks RonR. The reset worked and I was able to add the device & setup GV again. The online status and dial tone is OK. But now when I try to dial, I get 'There is no service available' prompt.

M105

No Service Available probably means Google Voice is not connected.  Check the status to confirm then correct whatever GV setting is not correct.

RonR

Quote from: yashoo on August 27, 2011, 06:14:23 AM
Thanks RonR. The reset worked and I was able to add the device & setup GV again. The online status and dial tone is OK. But now when I try to dial, I get 'There is no service available' prompt.

The paper-clip reset for an extended period of time resets the OBi to factory defaults.  You'll need to reconfigure the OBi now.

greggler

i have had this same problem twice.  the obi 110 works great for a day or so then usually upon hanging up from a call, the power light goes red and only a reset or power cycle will get it back.

is this a bug or a hardware defect?