News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Missing words in outbound audio on a Obi202/GV configuration

Started by WilliamS, June 18, 2018, 04:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilliamS

I have an Obi202 configured for GV and while setup was straight forward, I have problems with outbound audio where the receiving end is missing words but I can hear them perfectly.  For instance, I will say the alphabet and they will miss the L,M and W,X,Y but they may miss other characters when I repeat it.

I've seen some posts that talk about choppy outbound audio and I've tried all of the things so far with no resolution.  Here are the things I've tried:

1. Plugged Obi202 directly into broadband modem and shut down my linksys router and all wifi devices in the house to eliminate potential Wifi interference but still have the problem.
2. I was using a Panasonic wireless handheld and to eliminate it as the problem, I powered down the base station and pulled the batteries out of the handset.  Then I plugged in an old landline phone that is powered only by the Obi202 but the receiving party is still missing words.
3. I tried lowing the ChannelTxGain but the problem is still there.
4. Called **9 222 222 222 to do the echo test and the problem is there too.

I tried several VoIP/Speed tests and of course, each one gave me different results as I guess they all test differently.  Here are a couple that I have tried (several times for each one to make sure they are repeatable):

speedtest.net - latency: 34ms, DL: 20Mbps, UL: 2.5Mbps
voipreview.org - latency: 50ms, DL: 27Mbps, UL: 5Mbps, Jitter: 8ms, MOS: 4.4

Any idea what the problem may be or what to try next?

Thanks in advance.

Arizona480

I was getting this too with only one caller (that mentioned it at least), but I was only able to duplicate the issue with leaving myself a voicemail on another GV number once a few weeks ago.

My mom has the Obi202 as well and she was breaking up a little in just a 30 sec segment of our 20 minute conversation tonight.  Anyone else have this happen?