News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

XMPP turn-off by GV

Started by drgeoff, June 18, 2018, 06:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NerdUno

With all the good PR that the two of you are generating for Plantronics and Polycom, twenty bucks just doesn't seem quite adequate. Not to be greedy, but how about a new car? I'll even promise to throw away all of my OBi devices.

A_Friend

Quote from: NerdUno on August 04, 2018, 05:45:30 AM
I'll even promise to throw away all of my OBi devices.

Why would you do that??  The Obi devices are pretty awesome, even without the frosting-on-top which is the ability to use Google Voice.

While I'm a pretty happy user of GV, its back end falls far behind the web-based management and configuration capabilities of services like voip.ms and Callcentric, which are literal Swiss Army Knives for building a virtual PBX.  And using two or more of them, with an Obi device to tie it all together and add a few more frills, you can't beat that (and no, I'm not talking about price -- you have to pay at least something, although it's still lots less than a telco POTS line).

So, for all the grief which is the Obitalk Portal, and which you don't need except for GV, I still think the Obi202, etc., is a must-have.  I just need Plantronics to not screw it up.

SteveInWA

With all the good PR that the two of you are generating for Plantronics and Polycom, twenty bucks just doesn't seem quite adequate. Not to be greedy, but how about a new car? I'll even promise to throw away all of my OBi devices.

With all the insane conspiracy theories and outrageous exaggerations you generate, plus endless narcissistic self-promotion of your PBX software, perhaps you should apply to be Alex Jones' assistant.

Dude, this IS the Polycom support forum.  We discuss Polycom products here, not whether your PBX will work with Google Voice.

When even the developer of Asterisk Core says that SIP trunking is so cheap that it isn't worth the effort to futz with Google Voice, your credibility is in the toilet.  Just go away.

NerdUno

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 04, 2018, 07:44:35 PM

With all the insane conspiracy theories and outrageous exaggerations you generate, plus endless narcissistic self-promotion of your PBX software, perhaps you should apply to be Alex Jones' assistant.

Dude, this IS the Polycom support forum.  We discuss Polycom products here, not whether your PBX will work with Google Voice.

When even the developer of Asterisk Core says that SIP trunking is so cheap that it isn't worth the effort to futz with Google Voice, your credibility is in the toilet.  Just go away.

Funny that you seem to be fixated on Alex Jones and bathroom analogies. Wonder why? Google Voice works fine with Asterisk and Incredible PBX (free) products. Can't blame you for the personal attacks though. Sure beats addressing the boatload of unresolved Google Voice issues that (paying) OBi users are facing. Need a list of today's hot topics on your own forum?

• Google Voice no longer working with Obi200
  • OBI1062 / Google Voice - Calls drop, transfers drop, callers can't hear us...
  • GV Fax issues on T.38 Obis?
  • Anybody Having PhonePower Issues?
  • Incoming calls don't ring on Obi
  • Call forwarding GV to callcentric number fails user busy
  • GV calls forwarded to callcentric fail
  • X_SkipCallScreening not working on 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)
  • OBi202 Google Voice - Only 2 Rings on Phone   
  • I cannot hear outgoing caller
  • Not able to hear the call receiver when I make outgoing calls
  • GV will not complete calls to many numbers

LTN1

This is the Obihai forum for OBi devices. Though Polycom now owns Obihai Technology, the devices are still under Obihai.

If you want Polycom forums, go here and rant: https://community.polycom.com/t5/Support-Community/ct-p/Support_Community