News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 200 Firmware

Started by bsdaiwa, June 18, 2018, 07:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

What is the difference between SoftwareVersion 3.2.2 (Build: 5845EX) and SoftwareVersion 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX)? All of my 200's with the exception of the latest one purchased are running build 5859EX the latest one purchased is running build 5845EX. The one with 5845EX has been setup for several weeks and does not indicate it needs an update. Can I download the 5859EX build, if so where?

dircom

I think the best way to get it to update (if it does not on it's own) is to reset your obi, delete from dashboard, and add it back.

VegasTech

Lift the receiver and dial ***6 to force the Obi device to check for and apply any available updates.

RFC3261

Quote from: VegasTech on June 19, 2018, 06:39:26 AM
Lift the receiver and dial ***6 to force the Obi device to check for and apply any available updates.
That does not (currently?) work for the newest of the new firmware(s).  To upgrade to the ...5859 variant, and if it has not happened automatically (it typically would have, but there are cases where such upgrades have failed), follow the directions as dircom said (remove from dashboard, factory reset (***8 and 1, or pin hole reset), and add it back and reconfigure).