News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to STOP a phone from ringing?

Started by FrMarc, June 23, 2018, 07:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrMarc

Two phone numbers always ring

I have two Obi 200 modems, one in my US home and one in my Philippines home. When I use my cell phone, or any other phone to call the Philippines number (which is a 10 digit US area code number) associated with the Obi in the Philippines, my US home phone (connected to the other Obi) also rings. Granted it stops ringing when someone answers the phone in the Philippines, but in the mean time everyone in my US home has been awakened by the ringing and if they answered it, I just have to say hang up and don't answer next time. I do not want to call the US. I'm calling the Philippines number. So why must the US number also ring?

I've searched the Obi Dashboard and find no place where these 10-digit numbers are linked to either Obi modem. I've searched the Google Voice website access to my account, again, no obvious association. So I cannot even figure out how each Obi modem knows to accept calls from the 10-digit number that makes it ring, let alone some other 10-digit number, for which it thinks it must also ring. Where is the connection being made between these two numbers that I got years ago from Google Voice and the two Obi 200 modems?

By the way, this system worked fine until both modems "lost" their configuration in the last two months. I got them working again by clicking on the SP1 icon associated with both, but now the extra ring. Interestingly, when I call the US Obi my wife's cell phone also rings, but this is not so anoying since if I'm calling the US number it is usually her to whom I want to speak.

Thanks, Marc

Rukbat

Since you're talking about only 2 numbers, have you tried removing both 200s from the dashboard, then adding them back one at a time?  Add one, fully configure it, then add the other one and configure it?  Assuming that the 2 numbers are different, they shouldn't be linked anywhere.