News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Fairly bad GV call quality

Started by Malachi123, June 23, 2018, 08:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi123

Hi all,

since a month or so I have a fairly bad call quality on my GV line.

A bit of history:
I have this device (obi202) since 2013 and it has always performed well until a few months ago; I couldn't make calls anymore. So I decided to remove everything: the two lines out of the dashboard and removed the device out of my account. I added it back in and set up GV all over for the two lines. I can make calls again and receive calls as well (as long as my cellphone is on, but that' a different topic.. not sure WHY it would've changed though).

However, the issue now is, that I can hear the other caller fine (great quality), but when I talk to them, words are cutting off about every second. Not just cutting off, but it's like a whole syllable will be missing. Very weird.
My obi is in between the modem and the router, so it can't be a router issue.

Has anyone had the same issue or knows how to fix this? (or where to look)

zhangster

I have had the same issues with GV starting around May. Dropped calls, poor connection quality, etc. I finally decided to switch to a paid SP.  Ported my number to callcentric this week and the call quality is back to normal.  I do miss the free use, ease of SMS, and integration with my google contacts of GV.

glnz2

That's actually somewhat similar to my recent issue at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=14184.0, where all audio is lost on incoming calls (but not outgoing).  Not yet solved.
OBi200 with Google Voice

notfound123

Just posted a topic re the same issue. I can hear the other person "in HD" all the time. They cannot hear me ... cutting out, etc. Randomly 1 call out of 20 seems to be HD on both ends without issues. I try calling back - issue returns.