News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Why doesn't sales respond?

Started by magicwine, June 26, 2018, 11:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicwine

Hi,

I've left two voicemail messages, and two emails to Obihai sales. More than a week has passed and no replies. Is there any different way to get a reply from Obihai?

I've had loud shushing noises that frequently start when someone places me on hold and then I must call again.

Also, when after flashing a call and returning to my first call on hold, the same noise.
Also been disconnected when placed on hold.

These issues occur on two different cordless phones using two different bases. Both bases are plugged into the same obi200 using a 5-1 adapter. I used this adapter before my issues started.

All these happened after a restoration of a power line was pulled from my house. I have tried resetting my 200 by unplugging and replugging it.

Because no one has replied to my support post about this, I was just going to buy a new obi200 and wifi adapter in hopes it is one or both of these causing the problem.

I asked sales if this should or would fix these issues as I wanted to know  before I go through the expense and time in setting these up, but no replies.

Can anyone help in any way?

Thanks.

Bob

drgeoff

Similar noises when hook flashing have been reported by others.  I doubt (but cannot be certain) that buying another OBi will effect a cure for you.

magicwine

Thank you Dr, for your help.

While you doubt a new device will help, do I have any other choice to try to resolve this problem?

It's strange though, that I never had this issue before the power line was pulled and replaced.

If my only choice is to try new devices, just the obi200 or should I get a new wifi dongle adapter as well to insure I'm addressing the potential culprit? I can always return them if they continue to have the same problem.

Note even when others place me on hold, I sometimes get this shushing/white noise sound, or a disconnect.

Thanks
Bob