News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring Obi202 on OneSuite.com yields "403 Forbidden"

Started by Quintus, June 29, 2018, 12:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintus

Is anyone having trouble with their Obihai device being configured to OneSuite? I did a factory reset on my Obi202, and I am having the hardest time getting obitalk to register with OneSuite. The end result is "403 Forbidden" which indicates that the OneSuite server is rejecting. I even went so far to make a screencast video to OneSuite detailing the steps to reproduce the problem.

https://youtu.be/ytn0ovjW7NI

OneSuite tech support had a ridiculous statement that Obihai is not supported by OneSuite. I reminded the tech support person that OneSuite.com web site has very specific instructions on how to set up with Obihai. In fact Obihai is the only VOIP product that has a documented set up process on the OneSuite web site. I think the tech support people are trying to blow me off.

Maybe I should change service provider. My VOIP service has been out since June 19.

drgeoff

I don't know the specifics of Onesuite but in many cases there are two different passwords.  One for logging in to your account on the ITSP's web site,  And another, different "password" that the SIP UA (your OBi ATA) uses to register with the ITSP.  If that is the case for Onesuite, ensure you are entering the SIP one on the OBitalk dashboard pages.

Quintus

Another password, one only for SIP? Were it a problem with password, I would expect a 401 error. A 401 is generated for bad login/password. The error is 403 which indicates unauthorized, i.e. no user access. You can be logged in and lack the authorization to access content. Typically 403 indicates a problem with the server itself.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status

Quintus

I spoke too soon. I found a 2nd password, and it did work. The second password is listed for the soft phone, and when I input that password, I am able to register my obi device with OneSuite. My thanks to drgeoff for providing me the tip.