News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

simplest way from Simonics Obi100 to Obi200 with Google Voice? (& keep number)

Started by OhioGuy, July 01, 2018, 05:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioGuy

I set up our Obi100 4 or 5 years ago as our home number, and messed with it very little after that.  I think last fall I set up the Simonics Google Voice Gateway for the Obi100 to keep it working.

We just went on a ~1 week vacation, then came back to find the Obi100 no longer working.  I had heard rumors that it would eventually stop working, so I had already purchased an Obi200.

We really depend on this for our home phone line, which we use for 99.9% of our phone calls.  Is there an easy and simple way to keep using the same Google Voice number and move things over to the Obi200?

Thanks for any help!

azrobert

It's the same procedure as when you setup your OBi100. Click Add Device from the dashboard and follow the instructions. After the OBi200 is added to the dashboard, sign into your Google account. Now click on SP1, select GV and follow the instructions. That's it.

After getting the OBi200 working, you can setup the OBi100 as a second line for the same or different GV account.

Edit:
I never had a GVGW account. I think you need to delete or disable the account, otherwise you might have trouble receiving inbound calls.

OhioGuy

Thanks for the reply, azrobert.  It did turn out to be pretty easy, just remove the old device, log in to my Google Voice Account, and then the rest was pretty automated.  I was back up and working less than an hour after I started unplugging cords.

>>After getting the OBi200 working, you can setup the OBi100 as a second line for the same or different GV account.

Wait, what??  I was ready to chuck the old Obi100, thinking it was useless at this point. (since I thought that GV was no longer working with it, even with the Simonics GV Gateway)

Can you direct me to a FAQ for setting the old one up as a second GV line?  Thanks again!

lrosenman

What is your desired end state?

(I just moved from GVGW (with my Panasonic KX-TGP600) to Obi202 (with the same Panasonic KX-TGP600).

Are the Obi100 and Obi200 on the same LAN?

What do you want where?

azrobert

Quote from: OhioGuy on July 01, 2018, 06:55:52 PM
Wait, what??  I was ready to chuck the old Obi100, thinking it was useless at this point. (since I thought that GV was no longer working with it, even with the Simonics GV Gateway)

The OBi200 can be used as a GVGW for the OBi100. You can have 1 or more GV accounts defined on the OBi200 then route calls from/to the OBi100. I posted a link, but then deleted it because it had unique code for the person I was helping. I don't have time now, but I'll post the config later tonight or tomorrow. You will need to know how to use OBi Expert to configure this.

azrobert

You said:
Quotejust remove the old device
If you deleted the OBi100 from OBiTalk then add it back, otherwise just delete SP1.

Use OBi Expert to make the following config changes:

OBi100
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> SignalingProtocol: SIP
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> ProxyServer: xx.xx.xx.xx
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> ProxyServerPort: ppp1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi100
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

OBi200
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MaxSessions: 4
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(0@yy.yy.yy.yy:ppp2)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi200
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{>0:ph},{OBi100>(Msp1):sp1}

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with the IP address of the OBi200
Replace yy.yy.yy.yy with the IP address of the OBi100
If you don't know the IP addresses, dial ***1 from attached phone

Set ppp1 to the value of OBi200's SP4 Service X_UserAgentPort
Set ppp2 to the value of OBi100's SP1 Service X_UserAgentPort

From the OBi100:
Dial 0 to ring the OBi200
Any other number will be routed to SP1 on the OBi200

Inbound calls from GV will ring both devices.
You can make simultaneous calls from the devices

Edit:
I made some changes to the above.

SHarp

Quote from: OhioGuy on July 01, 2018, 06:55:52 PM

I see that azrobert has shown you instructions, so that's good.

It surprises me how many people think that the obi100 is a doorstop now. I know it can't be used natively for google voice anymore, but it's still a perfectly working ATA. It can be used with other providers.

;D So, if anyone in or near Winnipeg is "throwing theirs out", please DM me!!  ;D

RFC3261

Quote from: SHarp on July 02, 2018, 07:35:20 AM
It surprises me how many people think that the obi100 is a doorstop now.
It does not surprise me at all.  There is strong evidence that a lot of the OBi1xx device owners own the device primarily for the "free" GV service.  There are certainly alternative ITSPs that continue to work well with the OBi1xx devices(*), and that arguably do a better job as an ITSP, but GV has the "free" tag, and some people just want to be "free".

(*) The OBi1xx devices are EOL, and due to age do fail from time to time (flash memory failures seem to be a common cause, as one would expect).

pothound

hi  to azrobert. this setup looks promising to my obi devices. i have 2 obi200s, 3 obi100s. i am losing service on the obi100s. 2 are connected to simonics, and 1 is connected to naf7. the obi200s are using sp1, and connected to services. in your steps can i use sp2,3,or 4 instead of the sp1. thank you  pothound
Quote from: pothound on July 03, 2018, 08:03:50 AM
Quote from: azrobert on July 01, 2018, 10:30:18 PM
You said:
Quotejust remove the old device
If you deleted the OBi100 from OBiTalk then add it back, otherwise just delete SP1.

Use OBi Expert to make the following config changes:

OBi100
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> SignalingProtocol: SIP
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> ProxyServer: xx.xx.xx.xx
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> ProxyServerPort: ppp1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi100
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

OBi200
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MaxSessions: 4
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(0@yy.yy.yy.yy:ppp2)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi200
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{>0:ph},{OBi100>(Msp1):sp1}

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with the IP address of the OBi200
Replace yy.yy.yy.yy with the IP address of the OBi100
If you don't know the IP addresses, dial ***1 from attached phone

Set ppp1 to the value of OBi200's SP4 Service X_UserAgentPort
Set ppp2 to the value of OBi100's SP1 Service X_UserAgentPort

From the OBi100:
Dial 0 to ring the OBi200
Any other number will be routed to SP1 on the OBi200

Inbound calls from GV will ring both devices.
You can make simultaneous calls from the devices

Edit:
I made some changes to the above.

sportflyer

Quote from: azrobert on July 01, 2018, 06:33:41 PM
It's the same procedure as when you setup your OBi100. Click Add Device from the dashboard and follow the instructions. After the OBi200 is added to the dashboard, sign into your Google account. Now click on SP1, select GV and follow the instructions. That's it.

After getting the OBi200 working, you can setup the OBi100 as a second line for the same or different GV account.

Edit:
I never had a GVGW account. I think you need to delete or disable the account, otherwise you might have trouble receiving inbound calls.

Do I have to remove the obi100 device and  the SP1 ( GV) from the Obi dashboard before adding the Obi200 device? I also have Voip.ms in SP2 on the dash board ...delete that as well? When you say sign into your google account do you mean the OBi dashboard?   I am a bit confused .tks