News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Offline GV Conversion XMPP to SIP Possible? If Not, Can Config Be Salvaged?

Started by A_Friend, July 02, 2018, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Friend

I'd like to avoid the monkey work of having to manually save every single setting and speed dial and painstakingly reinstall them manually just to fix my Google Voice.

I kind of like the way my Obi202 is set up now and don't really want to risk screwing it up.  (I just blew most of the settings out of my Obi200 via ObiTalk.)

Here's the situation.  Apologies if you've read this on another post, but I thought it was time for a new topic.  Two years or so ago, I configured Google Voice via the ObiTalk Portal, then slunk away and set up everything else manually.  And by slunk away, I mean I removed it from the Portal.  Now, Google Talk needs some upgrading, thanks to the XMPP retirement.

Is there any way to do that manually?  Like through the built-in web portal that I know and semi-love?  I've got the settings off my Obi200, if they're worth anything.  I see they're calling  obihai.sip.google.com for proxy server and obihai.telephony.goog as an outbound proxy.  Or, is the only way to use those by completely redoing your credentials on the ObiTalk Portal and starting from scratch?

Alternatively, is there any way to re-attach a removed device to the portal without it getting wiped clean?  Failing that, is there any way to reinstall a backup taken before Google Voice was re-installed without borking the new GV installation?

Thanks.

drgeoff

Make your backup to a local file.  Register the OBi to the portal.  Configure GV using the portal.  Import your backup to Expert mode on the portal.

Be aware that backups do NOT contain any passwords.  Those must be re-entered manually.