News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 started flashing Power LED alternating Red/Green

Started by brianSC, July 02, 2018, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianSC

Today our new router arrived and while setting it up, I turned off the power strip a couple times to reboot things.  So the new router is up and running now and wifi and ethernet ports all working, but the Obi 202 is now flashing the power LED when plugged in, alternating between red and green.  Up until that point all was well and we were using both phones connected to the Obi 202 without issue.  Does anyone have any idea what might have happened and why?  Looking at the setup sheet that came in the obi box, it says that the power LED flashing red (or orange) means that the unit is updating and to not turn off the power.  I was not paying attention to the obi as I was setting up the router.  Is it possible the obi decided to just update itself at the same time I was working on the router and I then buggered it by cutting power while it was updating itself? 

If anyone has any knowledge of these things and knows how to fix them, feel free to give advice.  Is it possible that these units just update themselves without warning? If so, I hope to be able to shut that feature off.

drgeoff

Alternating red and green means that a firmware update failed. https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/power-light-meanings

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/troubleshooting has instructions to proceed.

aronroth

I tried the troublshooting tips, but it tells me the firmware is identical to the firmware already installed, so it's not updating it. Any suggestions?

(I got the flashing once before a few month back, but after a few hours it started working again on it's own. Now it's been 24 hours so far stuck flashing green/red)

aronroth

I now have a second polycom obi200 that just started acting up.
The power LED alternates between the following

• blinking red/green
  • blinking red
  • blank

I've tried to update the firmware, and factory reset, but still the same. Any ideas?