News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No dial tone on brand new OBi110

Started by MarcAndre, July 03, 2018, 08:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcAndre

I purchased a new OBi110. I purchased it on amazon.com through a friend in the US; I live in Canada.

When first connecting the phone, I heard a few odd clicks and hisses. I had the impression some electronic circuit might have been burning. I disconnected the device. When I reconnected, no more odd noises.

Now I'd like to configure the device. The power & Phone LEDs are steady green. Nevertheless there is no dial tone, which I believe is not normal.
I tried connecting two different phones, just to be sure.
I can access the device on the network. I tried doing a factory reset through the web interface, no difference.

What can I do at this point?

Thanks

RFC3261

Quote from: MarcAndre on July 03, 2018, 08:56:39 PM
I purchased a new OBi110. I purchased it on amazon.com through a friend in the US; I live in Canada.
Must have been a 3rd party seller, as the device has not been sold new for quite some time by Obihai (The Obi1xx devices were announced as End Of Life around two years ago as I recall).
What can I do at this point?
Sounds like the device is defective, since connecting a phone (even if the device is not configured) should result in a dial tone.  Testing with two different phones tends to indicate that it is the Obi that is the problem (and not the phones).

I would return the device to the seller as damaged/broken.

If you want an Obi ATA, you should consider one of the Obi 2xx models (currently supported/available), although you should certainly first check with your planned service provider as to which models (if any) they support.