News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Switched to OBI202 and OBILine - How to route incoming landline calls to GV

Started by darinf, July 05, 2018, 06:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darinf

Like everyone else, our OBI110's stopped working.
I purchased an OBI202 and an OBILINE adapter since we still have a landline.

Before, with the OBI110, I could forward incoming landline calls to forward after 4 rings to a GV number via SP2. This way I received voicemail on the GV account.

Now, with the OBI202 and OBILINE, is there a way to route the incoming landline calls to GV voicemail?

Before I could enter forwarding numbers in OBI Expert on the "Physical Interfaces/LINE" section. But now in OBI Expert, I can't change any values. I am also not sure what interface the OBILINE is.

Is there any way to use GV voicemail for a landline?
Could I use the OBI110 device to do that even if it doesn't receive GV calls now?

Thanks in advance.

darinf

So sorry about all the posts!!!

Every time I submitted my post, I got the error, "Couldn't get mail server response codes.", so I assumed my posts were not being posted.
So, I kept trying different things and always got the error.

Now there are a BUNCH of duplicate posts!

Mods: please delete all the duplicate threads.

Sorry!

drgeoff

Quote from: darinf on July 05, 2018, 06:39:51 PM
Like everyone else, our OBI110's stopped working.
I purchased an OBI202 and an OBILINE adapter since we still have a landline.

Before, with the OBI110, I could forward incoming landline calls to forward after 4 rings to a GV number via SP2. This way I received voicemail on the GV account.

Now, with the OBI202 and OBILINE, is there a way to route the incoming landline calls to GV voicemail?

Before I could enter forwarding numbers in OBI Expert on the "Physical Interfaces/LINE" section. But now in OBI Expert, I can't change any values. I am also not sure what interface the OBILINE is.

Is there any way to use GV voicemail for a landline?
Could I use the OBI110 device to do that even if it doesn't receive GV calls now?

Thanks in advance.
You do it on the 202 plus OBiLINE in exactly the same way you did it on the 110.  You have probably forgotten that in Expert mode you need to untick both boxes a the end of a line to make it editable.

I'm not sure where OBiLINE will appear.  If it isn't immediately obvious on the left side list, click on Physical Interfaces. Might be called LINE Port.

You can use the OBi110 to forward incoming calls on a POTS line to your GV number if you have another Service Provider on the 110.  Not free like GV is. 

darinf

Thanks for your help.
Especially about unchecking both boxes at the end of each line in Obi Expert. (I feel like an idiot for not figuring that out!)

I will try my previous configuration in ObiExpert assuming the OBLINE is in fact the "LINE" device listed in OBI Expert.

Are you saying I didn't need to buy the OBILINE device? I can use my OBI110 instead?
How do I do that?
If I get an incoming call on the landline on the OBI110, then how do I forward that to a GV number?
Can I do that without the OBI110 working with GV or do I need to pay for another service just to forward from the landline to GV?

Thanks again for your help!

drgeoff

Quote from: darinf on July 06, 2018, 11:24:36 PM
Thanks for your help.
Especially about unchecking both boxes at the end of each line in Obi Expert. (I feel like an idiot for not figuring that out!)

I will try my previous configuration in ObiExpert assuming the OBLINE is in fact the "LINE" device listed in OBI Expert.

Are you saying I didn't need to buy the OBILINE device? I can use my OBI110 instead?
How do I do that?
If I get an incoming call on the landline on the OBI110, then how do I forward that to a GV number?
Can I do that without the OBI110 working with GV or do I need to pay for another service just to forward from the landline to GV?

Thanks again for your help!
1.  Yes, LINE is the OBiLINE.

2.  Yes, pay for another Service Provider is what I meant.

3.  You did not need the OBiLINE.  Using the OBi202 and OBi110 together could have done what you want though the initial configuration is more complex.

darinf

I can return the OBILINE if necessary.

Can you point me to instructions on how to configure the OBI202 with the OBI110?

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: darinf on July 07, 2018, 01:13:20 AM
I can return the OBILINE if necessary.

Can you point me to instructions on how to configure the OBI202 with the OBI110?

Thanks
On the underside of each OBi is a label with its unique 9 digit OBi number.  Assume the 110 has the number 110110110, the 202 has number 202202202. and your GV number is 234 567 8901.

Use Expert mode for all the following, substituting your actual numbers.

On the 110:
Physical Interfaces, Line port, InboundCallRoute.  Make it pp(202202202)

On the 202:
Voice Services, Obitalk Service, InboundCallRoute. Make it sp1(2345678901).  (Assumes you configured GV to be on SP1.)

darinf

Wow, thanks again!

This worked, but I guess I shoudl have been more clear as to exactly what I need...

When someone calls our landline (connected to the OBI110), I want it to ring the phone attached to the 2nd phone port of my OBI202.
Then if no one picks up the phone, I want it to forward to my GV voicemail.

I tried configuring the OBI202 in OBI Expert/ObiTalk Service Settings/CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber to:
SP3(12345678901)
where SP3 is configured with another GV account and (234)567-8901 is the GV number for the voicemail.

I don't think that's right though.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!

drgeoff

Quote from: darinf on July 07, 2018, 10:13:17 AM
Wow, thanks again!

This worked, but I guess I shoudl have been more clear as to exactly what I need...

When someone calls our landline (connected to the OBI110), I want it to ring the phone attached to the 2nd phone port of my OBI202.
Then if no one picks up the phone, I want it to forward to my GV voicemail.

I tried configuring the OBI202 in OBI Expert/ObiTalk Service Settings/CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber to:
SP3(12345678901)
where SP3 is configured with another GV account and (234)567-8901 is the GV number for the voicemail.

I don't think that's right though.

Anyway, thanks for all the help!
Try this.

No change to the 110.

For the 202 change the Obitalk Service InboundCallRoute to ph2.  Incoming calls on the POTS line will now ring PHONE2 on the 202.

Keep your CallForwardOnNoAnswer setting as in your post above.

darinf

Thanks.

I tried that and the incoming landline call does just ring phone2 on the OBI202.

But then it just rings and rings for a long time even though I have CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount set to 1.

Then after about 8 or 10 rings, the ringing stops on phone2 but the caller hears the ringing sound change and I think that's when the call gets forwarded to the GV number. But after another 5 to 8 rings, I think the GV voicemail picks up, but the caller doesn't hear anything. No OGM, just silence.

Then in the GV web page I see the incoming calls as missed calls.

I wonder if all the forwarding is somehow preventing the audio from being transmitted or received properly.

Any ideas?

darinf

I know you're probably getting tired of me at this point, but...

So with the last settings where on the OBI202, I have CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber set to SP3(6199468641).

It's working such that an incoming call on the OBI110 forwards and rings phone 2 for the specified number of rings.

But if no one picks up then I think the caller gets the OBI attendant since I can hear the voice prompt on the OBI202 say, "Enter access code". Of course the caller will hang up since they don't know the access code.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Do I need to add the OBI110 to the OBI202 trusted callers list? Will that let the call complete through to GV without an access code?

Thanks again for your help.

drgeoff

Quote from: darinf on July 09, 2018, 09:58:35 PM
I know you're probably getting tired of me at this point, but...

So with the last settings where on the OBI202, I have CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber set to SP3(6199468641).

It's working such that an incoming call on the OBI110 forwards and rings phone 2 for the specified number of rings.

But if no one picks up then I think the caller gets the OBI attendant since I can hear the voice prompt on the OBI202 say, "Enter access code". Of course the caller will hang up since they don't know the access code.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Do I need to add the OBI110 to the OBI202 trusted callers list? Will that let the call complete through to GV without an access code?

Thanks again for your help.
AFAIK "Enter access code" is not an OBi generated message so I don't think the caller is getting the AA.