News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME!

Started by A_Friend, July 06, 2018, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Friend

The combination of the Obitalk portal and the currently-pushed firmware, 5897EX, is bad, very bad.

The only way I could get Google Voice working again was to downgrade to 5859EX, keep turning off Auto Firmware Update and hope I could reload Google Voice and disconnect (turn off auto-provisioning and delete the device from the portal) before the "upgrade" got pushed again.  (I did manage it on the first try, so some of my frantic flag-flipping may not have been necessary.)

But...  MAN, who puts out stuff that breaks the one service they tout as being the sexiest reason to buy your product?   What happened to the good engineers at Obihai?  I'm shocked.

And now, I have to manually recopy every setting back to the box, because "Restore" will just wreck it again.  And this is just my "toy" 200.  I've got 10 times more stuff on my 202, and I'm not touching that until at least a month after someone gives the "all clear," even if I have to do without my outbound Google Voice on that box.

Isn't this crazy?

zsak23