News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Direct international outgoing calls to Sp2

Started by sportflyer, July 07, 2018, 09:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportflyer

I have GV  for SP1 and Voip.ms for SP2 .

Would international calls starting with 011 automatically be transferred to Sp2 if there is no money in GV?

If not what must I add to dialing plan in SP1 to use SP2 for 011.xx out going calls ?

drgeoff

No, it will not happen automatically.

You can manually force use of SP2 by prefixing **2 to the number you dial, ie **2011.....

If you want to always use SP2 when you dial 011.... you need to change the Phone Port OutBoundCallRoute. Before the start of whatever is already there insert

{(011xx.):sp2},

sportflyer

Should  I make the changes  by logging into the device or use expert config in the obi portal ?   I suppose I have to uncheck  the default settings in order to add the suggested changes to Phone port?  Tks

drgeoff

Quote from: sportflyer on July 07, 2018, 03:24:36 PM
Should  I make the changes  by logging into the device or use expert config in the obi portal ?   I suppose I have to uncheck  the default settings in order to add the suggested changes to Phone port?  Tks
As you mention GV you must have used the portal.  In which case use Expert mode there.  You need to clear both boxes at the end of a line to be able to make changes.

sportflyer

Quote from: drgeoff on July 07, 2018, 12:53:54 PM

You can manually force use of SP2 by prefixing **2 to the number you dial, ie **2011.....

If you want to always use SP2 when you dial 011.... you need to change the Phone Port OutBoundCallRoute. Before the start of whatever is already there insert

Alternatively can I modify  Profile A  digit map rule |011xx.|    to   |<**2>011xx.|  to achieve the same effect ?

I remember doing something like this when I setup obi100 a long time ago.

drgeoff

Quote from: sportflyer on July 13, 2018, 07:10:45 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on July 07, 2018, 12:53:54 PM

Alternatively can I modify  Profile A  digit map rule |011xx.|    to   |<**2>011xx.|  to achieve the same effect ?

I remember doing something like this when I setup obi100 a long time ago.
Yes that will work too.  Another example of "there is more than one way to skin a cat" when configuring an OBi. 

sportflyer

Thanks again.I forgot to ask whether I have to check the device default box after making changes.

drgeoff

Quote from: sportflyer on July 13, 2018, 10:57:52 AM
Thanks again.I forgot to ask whether I have to check the device default box after making changes.
No.

Untick both boxes, make your change and click 'Submit'.

A_Friend

Outbound Call Route is a very powerful tool.  You can build routing tables for multiple carriers and features.

Just as an example, here's mine:

{911:sp4},{411:sp4},{(01144345xx.):sp4},{(10x):sp2},{(011xx.):sp2},{(033xx.):sp2},{(044xx.):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

So, much of that is the standard one, but starting on the left, here's what I added:
911 calls go to SP4 (Callcentric);
411 calls go to Callcentric via "Free 411";
Calls to the 0345 non-geographic "local" exchange in England go to Callcentric (voip.ms can't route these for some reason);
3-digit extension numbers (100,101, etc) are handled by SP2 (voip.ms);
The next three foreign call prefixes are routed via voip.ms.  033 and 044 are like 011 except specify whether you want their "economy routing" or not.  (Oddly enough, some of their "standard route rates" to overseas cell phone carriers are cheaper than the "economy" route, often by quite a bit.  If you're using a carrier like voip.ms that wholesales from multiple sources and gives you a choice, you need to check rates on both routes.  If it's someone you call often, you can code that in your speed dial.);
And the rest is the standard default string.

Being able to code outbound routing between multiple carriers and rates is one of the super features of the Obihai devices. It's like running your own phone company.