News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

trying to figure out a weird config

Started by fuadar, August 30, 2011, 05:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuadar

so the voip provider i'm using is a callback provider.
i.e i call a number press # and hangup and it calls me back.
for reference
i had this dial plan in my sipura spa
(*xx|x|[2-9]xxxxxx|<42:042>[2-9]xxxxxx|1x.|3xxxxxxx|03xxxxxxxxx|02xxxxxxxx|02xx11x .|0[4-9]xxxxxxxx|0[4-9]xx11x.|<555:2105668>|<**:*>[x*][x*].<:@sipbroker.com>)
The Setup on their website is this
http://brains.net/sipura-3000-conf.php
tryign to convert this to my obi110
i'm having issues with incoming calls  and since this is a callback service.
i'm getting a couple of things.
1. After dial silence and then this call has been rejected.
2. After rejection i get a callback with silence with eventaully results into a tone
3. after we shutdown the tone based called another ringback happens and after long silence the call goes thru

I didnt have these issues on the sipura 3000 so i'm guessing i have no clue what i'm doing whn i'm trying to configure the obi device .

please note i'm not setting up gv or anything else . want this to work before i play around with other things.

Also to add to this when people call me they get disconnected but we get the call
which tell me there is something in the inbound route too that i dont know about
Any help would be greatly appreciated. i dont wanto move back to the sipura 3000
just becuase i dont know how to configure this

RonR

Starting with the OBi at factory defaults, the following settings should get you registered with Brains.net on SP1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Brains.net

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip01.brains.net

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (your brains.net sip username)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (your brains.net sip password)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallerIDName : (your callerid name)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

I tried to decipher your Sipura dialplan, but there's too much overlap and ambiguity for me to do a proper job.  If you simply describe the dialing sequences you need to support, I'll try to help you with the necessary DigitMap.

fuadar

i did that to begin with
the dial plan is for local dialing
where all numbers start with a 0

so its area code 0XX-3XXXXXXX for land lines
and its 03XX-XXXXXXX for mobile phones
the numbers are 8 digit with a 3 digit area code for land lines .
also for international dialing we need to use  00+countrycode+areacode+number.

the dial plan basically refers to that

Also the problem i'm having is after  i dial out the sip provider calls back and when i get the call back i get silence and then a tone . then a second call and a potientally 3rd call before the call goes thru
there might be a delay in the sip provider in some cases but not all it seems the the obi devices has timeout and gives me tone after a certain amount of time.

RonR

The following DigitMap should allow the calls you described:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(0xx3xxxxxxx|03xxxxxxxxxx|00xx.)

There's no special requirement to receive the callback.  All incoming calls should work the same.