News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Caller ID quit working on both lines. RESOLVED!

Started by DaveFromRI, August 08, 2018, 12:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveFromRI

Caller ID was working but now it quit.

I first noticed it on line 2 and used my old Telco butt-set to listen, and sure enough, no FSK (before or after the first ring). Then I checked line 1 and I could clearly here the CID FSK.

Stupid me, I thought power-cycling would help, but it killed CID on both lines. Uggg!  :'(

Software version:  3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

The only thing I changed lately was on GoogleVoice only, and that was to email me text messages sent to either of my two lines (but that should have nothing to do with CID).

I did try changing GV to send me the CID of the line (instead of the caller), and that didn't work either. Lastly, I deleted both line 1 & 2 from the Obi202 and added them back in. No good.

Help?

DaveFromRI

I emailed OBiTalk Support my question, and here is there reply:
"You are using Google Voice service.  Google Voice service only has Caller ID Number and no Caller ID Name service."

No kidding, but that doesn't answer my question. So, I'm going to revise my previous question to be as clear as possible:
How can one use the ObiTALK device interface page (expert configuration menu I would expect), to TURN OFF caller ID?

Once I find that, I can make sure it's turned on. Note that all settings are at their default.

drgeoff

Quote from: DaveFromRI on August 09, 2018, 09:59:18 AM
How can one use the ObiTALK device interface page (expert configuration menu I would expect), to TURN OFF caller ID?
1. There is no setting to turn on or off Caller ID signals from the OBi to the phone(s) plugged in to the OBi.

2.  azrobert's reply is irrelevant as he has interpreted the question as concerning control of Caller ID received by the called party.

3.  The reply from Obihai is par for the course.

azrobert

I should read posts closer before I reply. I removed my post.

AFAIK there isn't a setting to turn off CID.

A wild guess to fix this is to downgrade the firmware to 5859. There were several problems introduced by new firmware and supposedly 5898 fixed them, but some people are still having problems. This is the 1st I heard about a CID problem.

Download here:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5859EX-198839.fw

DaveFromRI

Quote from: azrobert on August 09, 2018, 11:40:37 AM
I should read posts closer before I reply. I removed my post.

AFAIK there isn't a setting to turn off CID.

A wild guess to fix this is to downgrade the firmware to 5859. There were several problems introduced by new firmware and supposedly 5898 fixed them, but some people are still having problems. This is the 1st I heard about a CID problem.

Download here:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5859EX-198839.fw

That fixed it! Yay!!!!  ;D

There is a setting: OBiExpert:Physical Interfaces:Phone 1/2:Calling Features:CallerIDEnable

I also changed "Auto Firmware Update" to "Disable"  ;)

drgeoff

Quote from: DaveFromRI on August 09, 2018, 01:38:55 PM
There is a setting: OBiExpert:Physical Interfaces:Phone 1/2:Calling Features:CallerIDEnable
I looked at that page on TWO different occasions and failed to see it.  :-[

DaveFromRI

Quote from: drgeoff on August 09, 2018, 02:28:41 PM

Could that related to the newer firmware (5898)? To be honest, I'm not planning on upgrading just in case.

I didn't change the setting; it changed by itself. Moreover, I've had other problems with 5898, essentially it going MIA. It became a regular routine for me to power cycle it ever few days just to get it back (even started shopping for timers to do it for me).

gsmlnx

Quote from: DaveFromRI on August 09, 2018, 03:19:34 PM

Could that related to the newer firmware (5898)?
No it is there on firmware 3.1.1 (Build: 5804)

drgeoff

Quote from: gsmlnx on August 10, 2018, 08:03:19 AM
Quote from: DaveFromRI on August 09, 2018, 03:19:34 PM

Could that related to the newer firmware (5898)?
No it is there on firmware 3.1.1 (Build: 5804)
Let me clarify that my failure to see it was nothing to do with the firmware version.  I was actually looking on an OBi110 and the setting was indeed present but I didn't notice it.  Possibly because I was thinking that if provided it would be in the same section as CallerIDMethod and concentrated my attention there.