News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 + Obi110 for Line Port 911

Started by yehob150, July 07, 2018, 11:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yehob150

Hey guys.

I have an old Obi110 that no longer works due to google XMPP changes and Simonics shutdown so I got myself an Obi200.

Already set it up with both google voice outgoing and incoming Callcentric for CNAM (and 911).

Now I also have an Ooma with 911 service and was wondering if I can have the Obi200 forward 911 calls to my Obi110 which will then forward 911 calls through the Line port out to my Ooma. That way I can save the $1.50 a month for duplicate 911 service. I'll then switch Callcentric to a Canada address and will still get CNAM through it and no 911.

Sooo, anyone know how to do this forwarding method for 911?

azrobert

In addition to 911 this setup will use the OBi200 as a GV gateway for the OBi110. This assumes GV is defined on SP1. Use OBi Expert to make the following config changes.

OBi110

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> ProxyServer: xx.xx.xx.xx
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> ProxyServerPort: ppp1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A  General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|0)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi110
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{OBi200>911:li},{ph}

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> PrimaryLine: SP1 Service
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port ->
Add the following to the beginning to the OutboundCallRoute:
{911:li},

Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with the IP address of the OBi200
Set ppp1 to the OBi200's SP4 X_UserAgentPort

OBi200

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> ProxyServer: yy.yy.yy.yy
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> ProxyServerPort: ppp2
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi200
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{>0:ph},{OBi110>(Msp1):sp1}

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MaxSessions: 3
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,sp4(0@yy.yy.yy.yy:ppp2)
{(911|0):sp4},

Replace yy.yy.yy.yy with the IP address of the OBi110
Set ppp2 to the OBi110's SP1 X_UserAgentPort

OBi200
911 will be routed out the OBi110's Line Port
0 will ring the OBi110's Phone Port
Inbound GV calls on SP1 will be routed to the phone port and the OBi110

OBi110
911 will be routed out the OBi110's Line Port
0 will ring the OBi200's Phone Port
All other numbers will be routed to the OBi200's SP1

yehob150

Wow thanks!
Only issue I see for now is the IP address needing to be set.
With dynamic IP every time the unit reboots/turns off this would be changed and break. I assume I change DHCP to static on each OBI and pick an IP address hoping there's no duplicates? Is there a way to assign one so that the router won't give it to a different connecting device ? (Have a Tomato by shibby router).

Also under digit map what are the 3 groups of the letter "x"

drgeoff

Quote from: yehob150 on July 08, 2018, 07:12:35 AM
Wow thanks!
Only issue I see for now is the IP address needing to be set.
With dynamic IP every time the unit reboots/turns off this would be changed and break. I assume I change DHCP to static on each OBI and pick an IP address hoping there's no duplicates? Is there a way to assign one so that the router won't give it to a different connecting device ? (Have a Tomato by shibby router).

Also under digit map what are the 3 groups of the letter "x"

1.  Most home routers' DHCP servers have the facility to always give the same dynamic IP address to a particular requester.  It uses the MAC address which does not change.  I expect the Tomato firmware has that.

2.  The x characters in the digit map are wild card which represent the numbers 0 to 9.  So the 1xxxxxxxxxx part of the digit map will match any number that has a leading 1 followed by 10 digits.  You need to type those x characters exactly as per azrobert's post.  You do not substitute them.

azrobert

<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx will match 10 digits then prepend the number with "1"

011xx.S3 will match international numbers. "x." will match zero or more digits. When a dialed number matches a rule with "x." there will be a 10 second delay before the call is routed. The "S3" will reduce the delay to 3 seconds.

If you want 7 digit dialing use the following DigitMap. Replace aaa with your local area code.
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|0)

You can use the same DigitMap for the OBi200's ITSP A DigitMap. It will speed up routing.

To enter OBi Expert from the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBixxx then select OBi Expert Config, confirm and select Enter OBi Expert.
To navigate click on the titles with the + then click on a sub-title.
An example: click on Service Providers then click ITSP Profile A General.
To make a change BOTH boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked.
When all changes are complete on this page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to make another change on a different page.

From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard by clicking on the ICON with the red E.

Edit:
You can define a 2nd GV account on the OBi200 exclusively for the OBi110. I'll show you how if you want, but 1st do the above setup.

yehob150

thank you for the instructions. I didn't get a chance to do it until now.

I followed all the instructions, now incoming calls on GV (SP1) do ring both Obi110 and Obi200.
Outgoing calls go through (GV) on Obi200 but not Obi110. (is this supposed to happen? if so then that is ok since I can just use Obi200 but want to make sure I didn't make a mistake)

The issue is that I'm not sure if 911 is working through the Obi110 line out port (into Ooma) since the test number that Ooma uses (611) just gives an error tone. In my previous setup with just Obi110 (back when GV worked with it) connected to Ooma via line out port 611 triggered the test call.

Did I do something wrong? or does another entry need to be made for 611 (in addition to 911)?

yehob150

Quote from: azrobert on July 08, 2018, 08:35:31 AM

I think you helped me a while back with the 611 passing through too in a different thread back when I was just using the Obi110 + Ooma. Can you guide me here?

azrobert

OBi110

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{OBi200>611|911:li},{ph}

{611|911:li},

OBi200
{(611|911|0):sp4},

OBi110 and OBi200