News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connect Failed: 400 Bad Request

Started by A_Friend, July 08, 2018, 06:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Friend

Okay, so I got Google Voice working, briefly.  But then I restored my backup file (edited with XML Notepad to remove any Objects associated with SP1/GoogleVoice).  While this procedure had worked fine with 5859EX, with 5898EX it broke GV, which, while it was still there, could no longer connect.

I've tried using the portal to "Replace Google Voice Credentials," but that doesn't work.  I downgraded the firmware to 5859EX and tried again.  Still doesn't work.  I've deleted SP1 via the portal and signed it up again for Google Voice.  That doesn't work.

All I'm getting on the portal for SP1 is:  "Connect Failed: 400 Bad Request."  Looking at the local device's status right after reboot, I'm seeing "connecting" then followed by the fail notice.

So...  it looks like GV has the wrong authorization credentials, even though I've replaced them with fresh ones via the portal.  How is this possible?

drgeoff

It could also be that the portal is on the blink.  That is not unknown and when it happens over a weekend it doesn't get fixed until well into Monday's work hours on the US West coast.