News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question: Using Speed Dialing on Obi200

Started by chilirock, July 09, 2018, 07:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chilirock

I am not new to using Obi's but I am new to using the Speed Dial function. I have two Obi200's setup on my account, our's and our in-law's. On the ObiTalk portal, our's is setup on speed dial #2 and our in-law's is setup on speed dial #3. Both of the speed dials are setup using the ObiTalk network and device number, e.g. **9510XXXXXX.

When I pick up our phone and dial "3" to call our in-laws, there is about a 10 second delay before I get an auto attendant response that asks me to dial a "1" to continue the call. The 10 second delay and having to press "1" to continue seems to defeat the purpose of speed dialing.

Do you know why I would be getting the initial delay and why I'm getting the auto attendant and have to press another digit to continue? Is there way to limit the initial delay and eliminate the auto attendant altogether?

For reference, the following is the Phone Port Digit Map: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

I appreciate your help.

Taoman

azrobert

Eliminate the AA by changing the OBiTalk inbound route on the receiving OBi.

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

There is a 9 second default delay when calling by speed dial.  The logic is when having difficulty dialing 911 while having a medical emergency, you don't want the OBi to timeout and route the call to a speed dial. This is beyond stupid. Put the 9 second delay on 911. Now you only have the delay on speed dials 9 and 91. Just avoid using those 2 speed dials.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911S9|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

I think it's better to define the speed dial as: pp(510xxxxxx)
Now the call will bypass the outbound route processing and be routed directly to the OBiTalk network. You also might speed things up by a nano second.

chilirock

@Taoman, thanks for the reminder about pressing # after the speed dial to shortcut the wait time for the digit map to match.

@azrobert, Thanks for the suggestions for eliminating the AA response on incoming calls by replacing the InboundCallRoute entry. Thanks also for the suggestions to change the DigitMap to limit the delay during dialing. Per your suggestion, I just changed the Speed Dial entry to SP2(1xxxyyyzzzz) to bypass the outbound call routing altogether.

Finally, Is there any way to maintain device specific Speed Dial entries from the ObiTalk portal? I know this can be done from the local UI, but I didn't see a way of doing it from the portal.

drgeoff

Quote from: chilirock on July 10, 2018, 02:33:50 PM
Finally, Is there any way to maintain device specific Speed Dial entries from the ObiTalk portal? I know this can be done from the local UI, but I didn't see a way of doing it from the portal.
Delete them from the Speed Dials list on the Dashboard.  Then use Expert mode on the portal to configure speed dials on each device.
Edit: Expert mode does not give access to Speed Dial settings.

A_Friend

Quote from: drgeoff on July 10, 2018, 02:49:19 PM
Delete them from the Speed Dials list on the Dashboard.  Then use Expert mode on the portal to configure speed dials on each device.

How come the Dashboard doesn't display the speed dials on the device?

And how come you can't import speed dials from a backup file via Obi Expert?

It seems like these things should talk to each other in some useful way.  The only communications I saw is that when I managed to load my speed dials through the UI, the dashboard would nuke them again.

Working around those deficiencies was about half of the trouble I was having the other day.

drgeoff

Quote from: A_Friend on July 10, 2018, 03:00:42 PM
How come the Dashboard doesn't display the speed dials on the device?
The Dashboard has a single Speed Dial list.  That would not be able to handle different Speed Dials on multiple devices on the account.

chilirock

Ok, I checked under Obi Expert and I don't see Speed Dial settings, at least not where I expected. Do the menu option only appear if you delete the Speed Dial entries on the Dashboard?

drgeoff

Quote from: chilirock on July 10, 2018, 05:04:28 PM
Ok, I checked under Obi Expert and I don't see Speed Dial settings, at least not where I expected. Do the menu option only appear if you delete the Speed Dial entries on the Dashboard?
Apologies.  My answer above was erroneous.  Expert mode does not give access to Speed Dial settings.

azrobert

You can create your own speed dials for different devices by adding rules to the Phone outbound route like this:
{10:sp1(18005551212)},{11:sp2(18005551313)},.......

The real speed dials values matching these must be blank. You need to test the blank speed dials to make sure it still works like this. I tested this a long time ago.

azrobert

Here is another way to code this to keep the size of the Phone outbound route smaller:

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps
User Defined Digit Map 2
Label: sd1
DigitMap (<10:18005551212>|<12:18005551414>)

User Defined Digit Map 3
Label: sd2
DigitMap (<11:18005551313>|<13:18005551515>)

Phone DigitMap:
{(Msd1):sp1},{(Msd2):sp2},{(Msd3):sp3},.......